Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Self Moderated The Julian Assange thread

Saul Goodman

Donator
Premium
PI Member

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
I might get that book but it could be full of jargon and spook terminology thus difficult to follow

I'd say the publishers will have made sure that's not the case.

bells of shandon

PI Member
Julian Assange will not be freed when his sentence expires in a few days. His imprisonment for skipping bail was a means to keep him in solitary confinement until extradition to the US. His crime .exposing US war crimes and exposing Hitlerys stealing of the Democratic nomination from Bernie Sanders.
His imprisonment is illegal under UN statutes.
Not to forget Chelsea Manning who is back in jail for refusing to cooperate in the false indictment of Assange.

Karloff

PI Member
Assange is essentially in a Gulag in the UK now.

In a hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning, British District Judge Vanessa Baraitser ruled that WikiLeaks’ founder Julian Assange will remain in prison, despite the fact that his custodial sentence for “absconding” bail expires on September 22.

It means that the publisher and journalist will be detained until court proceedings next February for his extradition to the US, where he faces 175 years imprisonment for exposing American war crimes.

bells of shandon

PI Member
Democracy is dead, and is there for all to see, with the jailing of Catalan separatists, brutal Police suppression in Paris and Barcelona.
The continued jailing of Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning for Truth telling and exposure of the crimes of Hillary Clinton and the warmongering machine.
We are living in a Western Tyranny, the mask has slipped and the curtain pulled aside, to reveal the supturing evil hiding there.

jmcc

PI Member
I might get that book but it could be full of jargon and spook terminology thus difficult to follow
It wasn't. It does have a bit on his creation myth of being a hacker. There's a big difference between the likes of Binney and Snowden. It is an interesting read as he seeks to justify his actions.

jpc

PI Member

jpc

PI Member
Can anyone think of any other person treated in a similar fashion.
And not a bleat whatever from any media source.

George Dillon

PI Member
I see that George Clooney's wife (won't waste brain cells on remembering this globalist charlatan's name) hosted a faux conference on the threats to international press freedom.
Without a mention of Assange, of course.

More importantly, this is worrying:

The irony is that Assange was helpful to Trump, it is the Clintonites (see above) who hate Julian.

TW Tone

PI Member
This coming week will be important for Julian Assange.
Perhaps the Calvary that Assange is suffering will come to an end. I doubt it.

For those who might miss it, Pilger has a fine piece on Russia Today. I especially appreciated his excoriation of the odious Keir Stammer, probable CIA goon and great hope of the warmonger Bliarites for a return to power.

Last edited:
Top Bottom