Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

The Journal asks "Should voting be Compulsory"

page61

PI Member
Perhaps they should include something on the voting card which allows you to state who you would never in a million years vote for and you think them a detriment to Ireland.

eg : Aodhan O Riordan ..No I will never vote for him as he does not represent anyone but himself.

This waste of space, received shag all votes in his constituency , so they rewarded him by making him a senator. FFS , this is like kicking the electorate in the teeth , It makes a mockery out of voting .

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Compulsory voting won't work as "Voting blank" would be come a form of protest vote - back to square one then
Nope.
The fact of getting the Phukkers into the polling booth under pain of imprisonment would be sufficient to make them use their dormant brain cell.

OP
I
No one asked them to the debs, now they're in power it's all about dreaming up all kinds of bs like consent forms and general government cockblocking.
I heard she's actually a ff reject.
Nope.
The fact of getting the Phukkers into the polling booth under pain of imprisonment would be sufficient to make them use their dormant brain cell.
Here's hoping for a big NP presence in the GE. I'm not a member, but I'm sure they are continually gaining traction.

IrishJohn

PI Member
You can't really blame people for not voting if there is no Nationalist candidate running in their area.

I always vote in referendums but I don't have that much interest in voting if there are only the establishment parties or the fake opposition standing.

IrishJohn

PI Member
As far as I'm concerned the more NPCs who decide not to vote the better.

The less people who vote the more chance radical anti establishment candidates have of getting elected.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Here's hoping for a big NP presence in the GE. I'm not a member, but I'm sure they are continually gaining traction.
Agreed.
Compulsory voting could mean fail to cast your vote without a valid reason and you lose it for five years.
Fail again and you only get it back on payment of a substantial fine.
Fail a third time and you lose all voting rights permanently.

That will get the phukkers hopping.

Top Bottom