Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

The Journal asks "Should voting be Compulsory"

As night follows day, the journal/regime is polling the public on compulsory voting. They must have been rattled about Gemma's growing popularity (close to SF).
The more who turn out, will benefit the regime as more uneducated sheep will turn up in droves. All so predictable, they have to stamp out the 'far right' lol.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Wow, they are not even hiding their TOTALITARIAN IDEOLOGY.
compulsory voting in a single Regime State.
Would a better question not be “why did 3 in 4 registered voters not bother their asses voting?”
Oh wait, that would be too awkward.

As night follows day, the journal/regime is polling the public on compulsory voting. They must have been rattled about Gemma's growing popularity (close to SF).
The more who turn out, will benefit the regime as more uneducated sheep will turn up in droves. All so predictable, they have to stamp out the 'far right' lol.

OP
I
Wow, they are not even hiding their TOTALITARIAN IDEOLOGY.
compulsory voting in a single Regime State.
Well the regime is totalitarian. They are consolidating power, making it increasingly difficult to allow the 'far right' to run against them. The fake opposition are only allowed.

page61

PI Member

The more who turn out, will benefit the regime as more uneducated sheep will turn up in droves.......... That is a rater shaky foundation ..we need people to vote

I would be hoping that people do turn out to vote. Take away the dole off them if they do not.

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
What journal.ie really thinks; "Should voting for Women candidates be necessary"

The new policy of putting Women candidates on the ticket at the expense of Male ones is a disaster.
Irish Women politicians are conceited, arrogant and useless in the main. The constant flip flop between victimhood and "you go girl-isms" is tedious to the electorate.
Nobody wants to vote for a bitch unless you are a bitch yourself.

If you are going to field a woman candidate, at least make sure she's pleasing to the eye.

- Dissident right wing; +3 points (y) :claps:

Last edited:

Ted

PI Member
Voting should be compulsory.
There are too many uninterested, soap-watching passengers in this State.
The State doesn't properly reflect the will of the people if enough people don't vote. That's the mess we're currently in.
The way to totalitarianism is to kill off voting.

bells of shandon

PI Member
Compulsory voting is enforced in both Russia and Australia. In Russia they even send the Ballot boxes to remote Offshore installations for the crew to vote. There are penalties for non -compliance.
I am in favour of compulsory voting .But I am more concerned with the integrity,security and verification of the Electoral process.
Venezueala has the most honest Electoral system in the world ,as verified by the Jimmy Carter Organisation. Both paper ballots and electronic voting as a check.
Irelands system is derisory and open to manipulation.
Democracy cannot flourish ,unless an educated electorate participates. Ireland Media ensure the Electorate are kept in the dark about real issues ,this is a form of election rigging. We see this with the de-platforming of dissidents like Gemma and Justin Barret from the Media and the clampdown on reporting of the Weaponised Mass Migration policy.

Last edited:

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
Compulsory voting won't work as "Voting blank" would be come a form of protest vote - back to square one then

OP
I
Fianna Fail in "Opposition" has been one of the greatest disasters to befall this state. They have crippled our democracy.
They are all the same on the important issues. They tinker around with non issues, claiming to be vehemently opposing. It's all just a show.

The only real opposition is the NP or ACI, whether you support them or not. The rest is just regime lackies on the gravy train.

OP
I
Compulsory voting won't work as "Voting blank" would be come a form of protest vote - back to square one then
I'd argue that the regime would still do well. If 55% voted blank, 45% would vote for the status quo (I.e the regime). Or perhaps I'm interpreting it wrong?

Notachipanoaktree

PI Member
The journal is wrong. Each no show should be counted as a spoilt vote. Not any of you gangsta 'thug bastards', eh?

Vote the big X, none of you c_unts

Top Bottom