No Off Topic Posts Allowed The Israeli War Crimes, Terrorism And Humanitarian Abuse Thread.

Israel and her followers are well able to discredit Israel without anyone's help.
You and your pals are fairly handy with the ad homs yourselves.

I have made my opinions on hamas and fatah known several times. If you lot can't read or chose not to that's your problem

You must be getting paranoid if you think that I'm part of a 'team'!!!:smiley:

I wonder when is the next meeting of the Jewish conspiracy?

:rofl:

Before you judge Israel, put yourself in Israel's shoes.

In this kind of neighborhood you don't get a second chance....

Mike Murphy: Degradation of Palestinians shocking to witness

Sole resistance open to Palestinian people against Israeli actions is to remain in place
In recent years I’ve been reading and hearing about the abuses being heaped upon the Palestinian people by the occupying Israeli government. My sympathies lay with the Palestinians, and I wrote a letter to this newspaper decrying the actions of Bank of Ireland in arbitrarily shutting down the account of the Irish Palestine Solidarity Group. Much good it did!
But I still needed to see it with my own eyes. I heard about a fact-finding trip being organised through a Palestinian tour company, and signed myself and my son Mark up. We were a group of 31, all strangers to Mark and me, and the whole enterprise began with a bit of a stutter.
Passport control

On arrival at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv just after midnight, about 16 or so of us were taken from passport control and ordered to a nearby holding area. We were asked who among us had visited Israel before. I admitted, a little sheepishly, that I had been involved in the Eurovision Song Contest in Jerusalem in the late 1970s. Our passports were gathered and about six of our number, including myself, were taken to another holding area where we were seated outside a partitioned office. We were brought in one by one – I was, I think, about fifth in line. I could hear a lot of shouting and banging of desks from the little room as one by one our four fellow tourists were interrogated and then led out and away.

About 90 minutes later I was led into the same small office to be interviewed by two male immigration police. I asked what had happened to the four people who had been in prior to me, and was told they had been deported. I asked why and was shown a phone video of a demonstration of sorts with what appeared to be a couple of Irish people waving a Tricolour and throwing stones at a huge wall. I was asked would I be attending any demonstrations and I said no. I asked what was the deportation process and was told that the four would be on the 5am flight to Istanbul. I asked who would be paying for their flights and was told: “The airline.”

They took my photograph, handed me back my passport and told me I was good to go. So we were a depleted and somewhat shaken little group who set out at about 4am to satisfy our curiosity about the plight of the Palestinians. However, I vowed not to let our airport experience colour my views over the forthcoming week.
But it was worse than I expected.
Start with the roads. The roads through the Israeli lands range from the superhighway to the efficient. Reach Bethlehem in the occupied territories, however, through the ubiquitous wall, and the roads are potted, higgledy-piggledy, treacherous S-bended and rubbish-strewn. Those Palestinians who have cars must bear white licence plates, to distinguish them from the yellow-plated Israeli cars and to ensure they cannot enter Israeli-controlled areas, including East Jerusalem, without a special permit, seldom granted.
Permits Life revolves around permits. You need a permit to build a house extension, to put in a water tank, to instal a solar panel. And most applications are refused.

If your plot of land is now on the far side of the brand-new (and illegal under international law) settlement fence or wall, you now have to travel great distances to access it. It becomes no longer cost-effective and, as a result, many farmers lose their primary source of livelihood. And after three years the land can be formally confiscated because you didn’t tend it.
If you work or study in Jerusalem you may enter the city only on foot. And the queue starts at 4am. It snakes away for nearly half a mile for the next hours, while the checkpoint soldiers herd you into fenced holding areas before subjecting you to a search and, sometimes, interrogation, often leaving you melting in the sun while they take a coffee break. And then you might be refused entry on a whim.
There are checkpoints everywhere, manned by armed soldiers. I saw Palestinian youths being subjected to strip searches, being shouted at, pushed and ritually humiliated.
Bantustans of South Africa​
Our guide, a middle-aged, multilingual Palestinian academic, was approached by three Israeli soldiers and told he was not permitted to walk on the street down which we were headed to the bus. They frogmarched him away. He acquiesced easily, and told us he’d take a taxi to a point some miles down the road.
We saw new homes and apartments being constructed in the settlements – bedecked with “sold” signs. Many Americans, in particular, are buying the dwellings as holiday homes. And the shrinking Palestinian territories are, like the Bantustans of South Africa, open-air prisons, walled in, with checkpoints between each one.
I saw some Palestinian “terrorists” – teenage boys – outside the refugee centre where they and their families live in shocking conditions, having been deprived of their homes and land by the Israeli state. The teenagers threw stones at an adjacent army barracks. None of the stones landed within 50m of their target, but the response was pretty stunning. An armoured truck came speeding suddenly out of the gates and hurtled down the hill to the boys, firing round after round of tear gas.

I found myself temporarily blinded, and I was standing in a doorway well to the side. The only resistance open to the Palestinian people in the face of their daily degradation and humiliation is simply to remain. The Israelis patently wish them gone.

Mike Murphy: Degradation of Palestinians shocking to witness

Comments

Israeli Ambassador sorts liar Murphy out.

Liar Murphy - kalipa impressed!!

kalipa44

Donator
Premium Account
What are you raving about now??:smiley:
The Ambassador did nothing of the sort. He wrote a load of wellworn propaganda that we've all heard a thousand times and a lot of it still not true.

Oh you know well enough . You never see the two main apologists for Israel getting thread bans or anything. It's well known that that place is "Zionist controlled territory"

You could try being civil and stop trying to copy roc_ and l'chaim etc

The Ambassador did nothing of the sort. He wrote a load of wellworn propaganda that we've all heard a thousand times and a lot of it still not true.

Oh you know well enough . You never see the two main apologists for Israel getting thread bans or anything. It's well known that that place is "Zionist controlled territory"

You could try being civil and stop trying to copy roc_ and l'chaim etc

You're clearly losing it....

You need to get a grip on yourself.:cool:

kalipa44

Donator
Premium Account
This is one way Israel grabs Palestinian land illegally

Petition to remove the sewage treatment facility in Ofra and to prosecute the heads of the Binyamin Regional Council

Petition to remove the sewage treatment facility – HCJ 4457/09 Mohammed Ahmed Yassin Manaa v The Minister of Defense
For years, residents of the settlement of Ofra, located northeast of Ramallah, used oxidation ponds to treat their sewage – ponds built on land belonging to residents of the Palestinian villages Ein Yabrud and Silwad. As a result of the increase in illegal construction in the settlement, the ponds were closed off after the settlement residents complained of sanitary and odor hazards. As a result, the sewage was diverted to an adjascent valley and to lands owned by residents of Ein Yabrud.

In 2005, the Binyamin Regional Council illegally undertook construction of a sewage treatment facility for the settlement. It was built illegally on private Palestinian land belonging to the residents of Ein Yabrud, Yesh Din clients, and prevented them from accessing their land. In July 2008, the subcommittee for supervision (subordinated to the High Planning Council at the Civil Administration) issued a stop-work order and a demolition order for the facility. However, only in March 2009, as a result of intervention by Israeli law enforcement authorities, the decision was made to halt construction and prevent the facility’s connection to the electricity grid. Two months later, Yesh Din petitioned the Israeli High Court of Justice (HCJ) on behalf of the landowners asking that operation of the facility be banned and to demolition orders against it be implemented.

In its response, the State claimed that construction of the sewage facility is crucial both to the settlement of Ofra and to the adjacent Palestinian villages. However, the State admitted that “The appropriate method of action from the start would have been to review alternative solutions to the problem, and then undertake a procedure addressing planning and propriety, in order implement the appropriate solution.” The State also claimed that the facility’s current location is the suitable spot for a regional facility that will serve the neighboring Palestinian villages, and that the establishing a regional facility in any other location would also require expropriating land............

Petition to remove the sewage treatment facility in Ofra and to prosecute the heads of the Binyamin Regional Council - Yesh Din

kalipa44

Donator
Premium Account
The Great Drain: Israeli quarries in the West Bank: High Court Sanctioned Institutionalized Theft

In 2009, Yesh Din submitted a groundbreaking petition to the High Court of Justice demanding the court instruct the State to stop all mining and quarry activities in the West Bank. The petition claimed that Israel’s policy constitutes brutal economic exploitation of occupied territory for the State of Israel’s exclusive economic interests – in blatant violation of international law. In December 2011, the Court rejected the petition, thereby regulating a colonial exploitation of natural resources on occupied land.

The position paper “The Great Drain” demonstrates how, as a result of the petition’s rejection, the Israeli quarrying industry in the West Bank has expanded significantly. According to data acquired by Yesh Din, in 2008, one year before submitting the petition, 12 million tons of gravel was mined in Area C of the West Bank (Israeli and Palestinian quarries); within seven years, this amount rose by 40 percent, and in 2015 reached 17 million tons of stolen gravel in a year. The Israeli quarrying industry’s dependency on local mining, or mining in close proximity, is almost absolute, due to the shipping costs, which significantly raise the price of similar imported products. Over 20 percent of the State of Israel’s general consumption comes from the quarries owned by Israel in the occupied territories.

Moreover, Israel has an explicit and direct economic interest in increasing the number of quarries in the West Bank. From the data provided to Yesh Din, in 2009 the permission fees and royalties paid to the Civil Administration for using the quarries stood at over 28 million ILS. In 2015, The Civil Administration charged over 74 million ILS on permission fees and royalties for quarrying on West Bank land. In total, between 2009 and 2015, the Civil Administration received royalties worth over 285 million ILS from quarries in Area C of the West Bank.

Official State documents indicate that the Israeli authorities have a long-term plan to rely on the mining potential in the West Bank for at least the next 30 years. This strategic planning reveals the State’s intentions to continue to exploit the military occupation for its economic interests, while depleting the natural resources in the occupied territories and irreversibly damaging the Palestinians’ ability to utilize these natural resources.

“Decades of Israeli looting of natural resources in the West Bank are the embodiment of colonialism. In practice, the High Court ruling has rendered meaningless the acceptable interpretation of international humanitarian law, leaving in place the continued, irreversible exploitation of the occupied territory for the Israeli’s economic purposes,” the position paper states.
The Great Drain: Israeli quarries in the West Bank: High Court Sanctioned Institutionalized Theft - Yesh Din

Top Bottom