• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Hot The Invasion of Europe

Tony

PI Member
It's too late for Sweden in my opinion. Can't have a first world country with a third world population.

atkin8

PI Member

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
I wonder where he comes with the notion that African migrants are more educated than Irish . The few who come on work permits perhaps . I would not be surprised at some government incentive to employ them .

Always the desire to run down the Irish People. This shite is done in all the Western Countries.

Karloff

PI Member
It's too late for Sweden in my opinion. Can't have a first world country with a third world population.

I wonder how the Swedes offended the elites that they would inflict massive Somali settlement on them? These have the reputation typical of N Africans that makes them the worst kind of people you would want coming to your country, violent, backward, lazy and with a conquering mindset.

Florence

PI Member
I wonder where he comes with the notion that African migrants are more educated than Irish . The few who come on work permits perhaps . I would not be surprised at some government incentive to employ them .

Is the report saying that African qualifications are, at the least, equivalent to Irish ones?

I agree with Atkin8 that African quotas could be introduced with incentives to encourage participation. Hopefully not, but in these politically correct times anything is possible.

Templar

Donator
PI Member

Police are dealing with a security incident involving a small number of stowaways aboard an oil tanker off the Isle of Wight, Sky News understands.

Peter Schlemihl

PI Member

The answer to this is twofold. Firstly, African asylum claimants in Ireland - this demographic are obviously asylum claimants otherwise they would be on an employment visa and employed - are far from lower-class, generally they are middle-class or upper-class and have had a certain degree of access to tertiary education. The quality of this education is, however, abysmal; Nigerian universities and colleges are notoriously underfunded even when compared with other African countries.

BBC article on Nigerian nationals pursuing tertiary education in Benin:

Letter from Africa: How Nigeria's elite avoid 'bad education'

Academic article on the abysmal quality of Nigerian graduates:

Nigeria has had a problem with this for decades...

Ultimately, Nigerian university and college degrees are far from competitive in an Irish labour market open to the EU.

Secondly, African nationals are, as people are doubtlessly aware, overrepresented on welfare; they are additionally overrepresented in ‘education and employment’ statistics. This is because individuals that are incapable of finding employment are essentially required to ‘upscale’, the Government funds further education for these individuals in the hope that they will eventually find full-time employment. Unfortunately, African nationals that have utilised the BTEA are the most likely to return to welfare.

From pg. 9:

‘Within most nationality groupings, the largest single last known position is ‘employment’. The only exception to this is Africa, where employment is the previous status for only 22% of claimants. African claimants have a prior status of ‘Education and training’ in 18% of cases – the highest of the six nationality groups.’

And...

‘The values indicate a larger number of African jobseekers taking the second level option or third level option under the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) programme for jobseekers. This corresponds with the data in Table 10,
whose previous status is ‘Education or Training’’.

I’d imagine that this is absent from the report because it presents an unfavourable picture of African nationals in Ireland. Far, far simpler to resort to claims of racism. Well, if it works it works.

BSA

PI Member
The answer to this is twofold. Firstly, African asylum claimants in Ireland - this demographic are obviously asylum claimants otherwise they would be on an employment visa and employed - are far from lower-class, generally they are middle-class or upper-class and have had a certain degree of access to tertiary education. The quality of this education is, however, abysmal; Nigerian universities and colleges are notoriously underfunded even when compared with other African countries.

BBC article on Nigerian nationals pursuing tertiary education in Benin:

Letter from Africa: How Nigeria's elite avoid 'bad education'

Academic article on the abysmal quality of Nigerian graduates:

Nigeria has had a problem with this for decades...

Ultimately, Nigerian university and college degrees are far from competitive in an Irish labour market open to the EU.

Secondly, African nationals are, as people are doubtlessly aware, overrepresented on welfare; they are additionally overrepresented in ‘education and employment’ statistics. This is because individuals that are incapable of finding employment are essentially required to ‘upscale’, the Government funds further education for these individuals in the hope that they will eventually find full-time employment. Unfortunately, African nationals that have utilised the BTEA are the most likely to return to welfare.

From pg. 9:

‘Within most nationality groupings, the largest single last known position is ‘employment’. The only exception to this is Africa, where employment is the previous status for only 22% of claimants. African claimants have a prior status of ‘Education and training’ in 18% of cases – the highest of the six nationality groups.’

And...

‘The values indicate a larger number of African jobseekers taking the second level option or third level option under the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) programme for jobseekers. This corresponds with the data in Table 10,
whose previous status is ‘Education or Training’’.

I’d imagine that this is absent from the report because it presents an unfavourable picture of African nationals in Ireland. Far, far simpler to resort to claims of racism. Well, if it works it works.
Good post that..

BSA

PI Member
Why do Sky News have to “ Understand “

Can they not just give us the News !
For God's sake man.. You can't simply 'give out the news'...!!

First it has to be run through the.

'Libtard - O - Meter ®' .. this injects some Globohomo bias and removes all inconvenient and tiresome facts about the actual nationality of the 'refugees'...

Then some trite intro must be applied.. about how much we have and how much white privilege is responsible for them looking for a free house and welfare from us.

A final check to edit out the latest iPhone and expensive trainers.

Now!!! You can have your news...

Top Bottom