Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

You are the one who is daft. Read the small print and compare to the treatment of an EU citizen. The Irishman is always better off.

The first line states that under EU law Ireland cannot give special treatment to Irish citizens.
EU trumps Irish legislation.
The arrogance of Brussels is shocking.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Irish citizens who have been out of the country for more than a year, are treated with the same status as foreigners when applying for welfare. They have to wait for at least 3 months for any kind of assistance.
Sorry, but I think someone born in the country and paid tax all their lives should NOT be treated like he/she just got off the banana boat.
It's worse returning from a non EU country. When I came back I checked to see if I was entitled to anything- I wasn't desperate, but I thought the more the merrier while settling back home. And I'd contributed when working in the past too, so what the hell.

Because I'd lost residency from being out of the country for so long, out of the EU really, I'd have to be back for 2 years before being considered a resident, and be able to claim for anything. If an EU resident works here for however long, and are then out of work, they're entitled to claim. So it's really about being a resident of the EU, the Ireland part of it is irrelevant.

Welcome home, lad.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
It's worse returning from a non EU country. When I came back I checked to see if I was entitled to anything- I wasn't desperate, but I thought the more the merrier while settling back home. And I'd contributed when working in the past too, so what the hell.

Because I'd lost residency from being out of the country for so long, out of the EU really, I'd have to be back for 2 years before being considered a resident, and be able to claim for anything. If an EU resident works here for however long, and are then out of work, they're entitled to claim. So it's really about being a resident of the EU, the Ireland part of it is irrelevant.

Welcome home, lad.

It's dreadful that our own people are being discriminated against, while aliens walk into luxury hotels free of charge.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
I thought this was classic...

"Fresh concerns have been raised over the possible spread of the rat-like coypu in Cork.

The metre-long semi-aquatic rodent is native to South America, but it is believed they have been breeding in the Curraheen River area over the last two years."

Fresh concerns over possible spread of rat-like coypu

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I thought this was classic...

"Fresh concerns have been raised over the possible spread of the rat-like coypu in Cork.

The metre-long semi-aquatic rodent is native to South America, but it is believed they have been breeding in the Curraheen River area over the last two years."

Fresh concerns over possible spread of rat-like coypu

God only knows what these migrants are bringing in. We do know that they are bringing in a plague of AIDS, and they are not being tested before they come in.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
God only knows what these migrants are bringing in. We do know that they are bringing in a plague of AIDS, and they are not being tested before they come in.
There's been a lot of talk of a big measles outbreak in Minnesota from the Somali influx(It has previously been eradicated) and that's with something resembling border control. As you say, God only knows what's flooding through our open doors.

And if you care about these things, or want to control them, you're a wacist. It's a fucking mess of a situation.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
More potential craic for us to look forward to...

If only RTE would start putting stories like this on the news, people might just wake up.

Asylum Seeker Brutally Tortures Fellow Migrant, Gouges Eyes over 50 Euro Debt

"The brutal attack occurred last October when 20-year-old asylum seeker Mustafa H. turned up at the apartment of 19-year-old Dawit W. in the town of Schlüchtern to collect on the debt. When the 19-year-old could not pay, Mustafa stabbed him with two knives to the neck and tortured him, German magazine Bild reports.

The torture did not end with the stabbing. Mustafa proceeded to bite off the Eritrean migrant’s ears and when he was finished he cut off his victim’s eyelids.

After this, he took a ballpoint pen and stabbed it through both of the young man’s eyes, rendering him completely blind. A doctor to described the man’s eyes as completely “tattered”."

Asylum Seeker Brutally Tortures Fellow Migrant over 50 Euro Debt

Top Bottom