Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Positioning themselves "left" or "right" is ballast because it's a boring game. I wouldn't emphasise that either.

I'd say the right wing has been dominant in this country and that's why there's been no "far right" party because the centre-right near-monopoly has swept it all up. And the mainstream parties are still "centre-right" at local level whilst off in distant Dublin they play the NGO game that doesn't touch people's interest.

They can make as few or many errors as they like, this party. I'll mostly leave you guys to discuss that. I don't think it matters much. What I think does matter and is primal is that people -- without any apology -- need to stand tall publicly, unafraid and blow the lids off these taboos, and encourage a revolt. Therein lies Barrett's value even if in strict political terms he doesn't get very far.
Everything is quick reaction opinion now, though. He's already being discredited with the old right wing tag. But tbh, I suppose it would make no difference if he called the party right wing or not, the media will do that for him anyway.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
I decided to watch the news on RTE 1 there, something I just rarely do. Funny enough, the last news I watched was a story about the homeless problem with their focus on an African single mother and her 4 kids.

I tuned in on a story about a bunch of houses/Apts opening up in Galway for people off the housing list- lovely looking place too. The first scene of the report was a little African girl doing cartwheels in the car park, and the first couple interviewed that are to be housed there, coming from being 'homeless', was a fairly well dressed African couple and their child. Yer man was going on about how disastrous it is to be homeless. I had to turn in it off...

I keep thinking I can't be surprised anymore than I've been already, then that happens.

Kershaw

Premium Account
Vile neo-Nazis are handing out stickers encouraging vicious attacks on refugees.

They feature an image of men with swords on horses chasing immigrants.

The horrendous campaign is being blamed on small number of far-right extremists in Galway.

Hundreds of these stickers with the phrase “Defend Your Heritage" have been distributed in recent weeks.

The group is also behind a graffiti tribute to Adolf Hitler beside the Westend Canal in the city.

Sick neo-Nazis urge attacks on refugees in Ireland

You have to wonder whether this stuff is black propaganda geared at smearing opposition to mass immigration.
Anyone with an IQ over 65 would have to know that associating opposition to mass immigration with Hitler isn't going to be winning the masses over.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Vile neo-Nazis are handing out stickers encouraging vicious attacks on refugees.

They feature an image of men with swords on horses chasing immigrants.

The horrendous campaign is being blamed on small number of far-right extremists in Galway.

Hundreds of these stickers with the phrase “Defend Your Heritage" have been distributed in recent weeks.

The group is also behind a graffiti tribute to Adolf Hitler beside the Westend Canal in the city.

Sick neo-Nazis urge attacks on refugees in Ireland

You have to wonder whether this stuff is black propaganda geared at smearing opposition to mass immigration.
Anyone with an IQ over 65 would have to know that associating opposition to mass immigration with Hitler isn't going to be winning the masses over.

It's very likely that Antifa or some such muppets are behind this. That said, there are some seriously brain dead eegits around who might actually think this would help.

Top Bottom