Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
That's actually a Poseidon video (long since banned on YouTube) I don't think it (the Poseidon video) had the bit at the end.

Anyway, it's based on a true story -

Hey James,
tell that bluffer mowl daddy figure of yours that the fish in his video is a perch AKA a freshwater fish. :ROFLMAO:

Esatdigiwank

PI Member
Tonight , making his debut for Athlone town FC is a Sierra Leone national whose fixed abode is Globe House Direct Plantation Center in Sligo Town. His name , Mahmoud Mansaray, an illegal asylum seeker who was given a playing contract by Athlone town FC. He says he came here for a better life. Its in the sports section of this week's Sligo Champion. The journalist Jessica Farry gave him an easy time of it in the article; no awkward questions about his origin or status. And Sierra Leone is not a conflict zone.

Last edited:

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium

Local people in Tullamore are being “leapfrogged” for housing and services, and are ‘angry and frustrated’ at the lack of consultation with the community before the announcement that a new direct provision centre would be opened, according to local politicians.

Carol Nolan, the Independent TD for Offaly has called on the Department of Justice to suspend proposals to convert The Marian Hostel on High Street, Tullamore, into a residential centre catering for 168 asylum seekers until a full and thorough public consultation process has been concluded.

She slammed the lack of consultation with locals in Tullamore saying the Department of Justice has adopted a “heavy-handed approach” to the situation which was causing “unnecessary division”.

“This was an entirely unnecessary and provocative approach by the Department that has rightly led to a great degree of anger in the local communities,” she said.

“There has been absolutely no consultation or collaboration with the community of Tullamore in regard to this proposal which I was only made aware of when an email was sent to me by the Department of Justice. This is totally unacceptable. I contacted the Department immediately over the lack of consultation and dialogue with the community and elected representatives,” said Deputy Nolan.

Irish emigrant

PI Member
Top Bottom