Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

James Stephens

PI Member

Rick kit

PI Member
Just curious......What did your Co-Workers think about what was happening?? Did the complain, or wonder or talk about why it was happening??
Just curious......What did your Co-Workers think about what was happening?? Did the complain, or wonder or talk about why it was happening??
they seen it before steaming was rampant back then it was basically large groups taking advantage of the enviroment at the time .I was told they would have a car or van parked up somewhere to unload their spoils so even if by chance the cops picked them up they would have nothing on them.I dont know if its still happening as ive heard london has so much cctv cameras it s not so easy to operate like that anymore

BSA

PI Member
One of the central problems is that Ireland gives out citizenship like condoms at a rock festival. A new 'Irish' citizen need know nothing--zero, Nada, faic-- of the history of Ireland, its geography, its music, its games, its politics, its constitution, it's PR voting system etc etc. Extraordinarily, the new Oirish citizen does not need to understand a word of either of the state's official languages.
A migrant can take the oath of allegiance to Ireland and its values without understanding a word of what s/he is saying.
And weirdest of all, a migrant can take that oath while wearing a hood and mask that conceals his/her identity !

TW..

I've read the last paragraph of this post several times... Explain it...

Please.. :(

Rosa Luxombourg

PI Member
120 "Asylum Seekers" being accimadated at The Riverside Hotel Macroom I believe, lots of very unhappy locals who feel it's ridiculous in a town of 3,500 people.

DrPat2

PI Member
Thanks Dr Pat""Temporary" I don't think, Macroom is stuck with them now.
Wonder will it be the same group that runs the Millstreet centre who will manage it?

According to the Journal.ie report at Payments to private Direct Provision firms rise to €72m after 18% increase in asylum seekers

in 2018

'Millstreet Equestrian Services which provides accommodation for over 500 asylum seekers in Cork and Waterford received payments of €6.53 million.

Between 2000 and 2018, Millstreet Equestrian Services has received €82.5 million in fees from the State.'

Those figures include VAT, according to the report.

Last edited:

DrPat2

PI Member
I don't know what you mean by that but if you are referring to the individual you named, I know of nothing to suggest he is. In fact I understand that many locals in Millstreet hold him in high regard. He is a bit of a trailblazer in setting up the Equestrian centre which has hosted the Eurovision and many other events, etc.

Another report from the Echo

Asylum seekers given temporary housing in Macroom as Direct Provision centres are full

It is reported that local FF TD Aindreas Moynihan criticised the lack of consultation with locals.

Last edited:

Anglophile

PI Member
Discuss: It might not be a bad thing at all if Ireland becomes home to a couple of million Nigerian
and Filipino Catholics over the next few decades.

- David Quinn.

DrPat2

PI Member
Discuss: It might not be a bad thing at all if Ireland becomes home to a couple of million Nigerian
and Filipino Catholics over the next few decades.

- David Quinn.
Another globalist view of a different sort? Perhaps he is referring to the dissolution of societal norms to "ah shure its grand - there are no rules, do whatever you like, including killing the unborn - go right ahead if you feel like it" . That said, Christianity of a Nigerian or Filipino sort might be very different to the traditional Irish view. And to be fair to Quinn, he has posited immigration controls in the past.

Top Bottom