Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

johnhan279

PI Member

A crackdown by immigration authorities on scams has resulted in a dramatic slump in applications for permission to live here based on marriage to an EU national.

After a huge increase in applications by 52pc between 2013 and 2015, the establishment of Operation Vantage has reversed the trend over the past two years.
Following a High Court decision, which seriously reduced the powers of the authorities to tackle scam marriages, there was a spike in applications from people outside Ireland, claiming to exercise EU treaty rights.

atkin8

PI Member
I'm not sure it's still the case but there was no requirement to show a freedom to marry cert .The GNIB did not want to see the partner when the non national got the Visa renewal to check if the marriage was still existing !

uncle_festor

Donator
PI Member
Here is another highly qualified illegal entrant to our little country who has been given a lenient sentence because he will be in prison far away from his home!

Mudassar Khan (27) had come off a flight from Dubai and was stopped by customs officers when he tried to enter the “blue channel” for travellers within the EU.
His bags were searched and the customs official found 13kg of heroin wrapped up in one suitcase. Gardaí were alerted and arrested Khan.
Questioned further about who gave him the drugs he told investigators: “I’m not speaking no more, they are going to end up killing us”.
He said he was in fear and couldn’t give names.
“My friend got machine-gunned down for giving names before. I’m in fear. These people go to extremes,” he said.
Khan of Shore Rd., Oldham, pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to importation and possession for sale or supply of heroin on 6 October 2018. He has one previous conviction for drug dealing.
Judge Melanie Greally said that even if Khan didn’t know he was moving heroin he was extremely reckless to transport such a large amount of contraband.
She noted in mitigation the pressure he was put under, his remorse and the fact that he is a non-national in prison far from home.
With any luck the people who owned all that heroin he lost will have him looked after in prison! failing that it is very likely that he will never leave Ireland but will seek protection and asylum when he gets early release from an already lenient sentence and will be gifted an irish passport by some arsehole C U Next Tuesday.

George Dillon

PI Member
I happened to be cleaning up some old files on my computer and came across the following notes I made some years ago.
Perhaps they will be of interest.

"ALMOST TWO-THIRDS of adults in the State believe immigration policy should be made more restrictive given the worsening economic outlook, according to an opinion poll to be published today."

Irish Times 09 Sep 2008

"THE VAST majority (72 per cent) of people want to see a reduction in the number of non-Irish immigrants living here, according to an Irish Times Behaviour Attitudes opinion.

Overall, a total of 43 per cent say they would like to see some, but not all, immigrants leave the state, while 29 per cent would like to see most immigrants leave. In contrast, just over a quarter (26 per cent) would like to see the number of immigrants remain as it is.

In reversal of trends from polls in recent years, younger people’s attitudes towards immigration have hardened the most."

11 Nov 2009

Top Bottom