Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

(1) You think 7,500 Irish people are rendered disabled every year? And there's no awareness campaigns? No calls for the causes of this astonishing wave of disability to be addressed? No riots outside the National Rehabilitation Hospital? Do you not wonder why a large percentage of the people you see in the streets aren't in wheelchairs? Why, if the equivalent of the population of Cork city is being somehow rendered disabled every 16 years, that nobody has noticed this astonishing phenomenon?

To put this in an even more startling context, that 7,500 figure only represents people of working age who have been disabled and can't work! If we are to believe the figures, over 9% of the people born in Ireland each year are rendered disabled while of working age! Since 33% of disabled people work, the true figure, just for people of working age rendered disabled each year would be over 11,000! And these disabilities must be extremely serious - (2) I know two paraplegics that work full time, and there's a blind guy living near me that works, so these 7,500 that can't work at all must be in pretty bad shape.

(3) If those figures represented reality, the whole country would have ground to a halt by now. It is well known in the Dept. that somewhere between 60% and 90% of those claiming a disability payment are either perfectly healthy, or have a minor ailment that would not adversely affect their ability to work. Disability in this country is a huge scam.
(1) You think receiving disability allowance is only for people in wheelchairs? There are many forms of disability, I asked if you thought you knew better than doctors, consultants or psychiatrists, you seem to be under that impression?

(2) As I said, I'm all for disabled people working and they are enthusiastic in looking for work but they simply aren't taken on and government isn't interested in sorting that out.

(3) You've far from made a case that DA is a scam. I'd say 90% are genuine cases and there are a few sados working the system.

(1) You think receiving disability allowance is only for people in wheelchairs? There are many forms of disability, I asked if you thought you knew better than doctors, consultants or psychiatrists, you seem to be under that impression?
No, far from it. I thought mentioning every possible form of disability might make the post somewhat unwieldy.

(2) As I said, I'm all for disabled people working and they are enthusiastic in looking for work but they simply aren't taken on and government isn't interested in sorting that out.
33% of disabled people work. Many of them have very serious disabilities. Since somewhere in the region of 40% of disability claims are based on the ever-reliable "lower back pain" that is extremely difficult to disprove - in a medical study conducted in Dublin and Cork a few years ago, a medical team called a large number of those claiming disability payments for "lower back pain" in for an assessment to see if they could help them. 62.5% of the people contacted went off disability merely by receiving the letter for the appointment - an absolute bona fide miracle cure!

(3) You've far from made a case that DA is a scam. I'd say 90% are genuine cases and there are a few sados working the system.
88% found to be scamming when checked makes you think 90% are genuine? Pointless trying to argue logic with the illogical.[/QUOTE]

No, far from it. I thought mentioning every possible form of disability might make the post somewhat unwieldy.

33% of disabled people work. Many of them have very serious disabilities. Since somewhere in the region of 40% of disability claims are based on the ever-reliable "lower back pain" that is extremely difficult to disprove - in a medical study conducted in Dublin and Cork a few years ago, a medical team called a large number of those claiming disability payments for "lower back pain" in for an assessment to see if they could help them. 62.5% of the people contacted went off disability merely by receiving the letter for the appointment - an absolute bona fide miracle cure!

88% found to be scamming when checked makes you think 90% are genuine? Pointless trying to argue logic with the illogical.
I don't take your 88% scamming stat seriously. There are so many variables that affect stats like this: lies, damn lies and statistics as they say.

To get DA you have to have a doctor sign off on it, I think we have to have more faith in the professionals than you seem to have.

Back pain is extremely debilitating but it can improve with the right medication and physio and people can go back to work. Work then will eventually induce a relapse and the person will have to receive DA for another while.

As I say, I think you need to trust the professionals more.

I don't take your 88% scamming stat seriously. There are so many variables that affect stats like this: lies, damn lies and statistics as they say.

To get DA you have to have a doctor sign off on it, I think we have to have more faith in the professionals than you seem to have.

Back pain is extremely debilitating but it can improve with the right medication and physio and people can go back to work. Work then will eventually induce a relapse and the person will have to receive DA for another while.

As I say, I think you need to trust the professionals more.
So sending a letter cures back pain? Astonishing.

In the study above, where 62.5% of people sent an appointment were cured, less than 7% of those who actually turned up for an appointment required medical treatment. Pure scamming.

So sending a letter cures back pain? Astonishing.

In the study above, where 62.5% of people sent an appointment were cured, less than 7% of those who actually turned up for an appointment required medical treatment. Pure scamming.
Depends what it's 62.5% of, is it % of those already suspected of philandering? So let's suppose out of your 7,500 quarter are suspected of philandering: that's 62.5% of the quarter, which is 1178.

See what you can do with stats?

Also the fact a letter was sent and people signed off doesn't mean all of your 62.5% were scamming, many may have been about to sign off anyway, there are several ways to look at these stats.

Depends what it's 62.5% of, is it % of those already suspected of philandering? So let's suppose out of your 7,500 quarter are suspected of philandering: that's 62.5% of the quarter, which is 1178.

See what you can do with stats?

Also the fact a letter was sent and people signed off doesn't mean all of your 62.5% were scamming, many may have been about to sign off anyway, there are several ways to look at these stats.
What a load of oul cobblers. It's 62.5% of ALL those claiming to suffer from lower back pain - and only 7% of the remainder actually had anything wrong with them! You making up things in your head doesn't change those stats!

You're both living in cloud cuckooland, I'd be opposed (as I reckon would the vast majority of people) to disadvantaging the poor, sick and aged further.

If your gripe is against the traveling community you need to spell it out and let's hear you solution to a long running and vexed issue.
Who is suggesting disadvantaging, as you put it, the poor, sick and aged? A radical shift is needed in Social Welfare in this country. Minimum wage employment pays less that having a bunch of kids and never working. There are generations of families who choose not to work, to have kids, to have a house given to them with minimal rent contributions from them or a private rental which they contribute very little to. Incentivising people to work and making work pay as opposed to creating a welfare system that allows people not to bother working is what's needed. As for your point about Travelers, drop the blinkers and face reality, their culture is thuggery, theft, animal abuse and domestic violence, repeat offending filth who contribute nothing, well they do keep the legal profession in work, it's the 21st century and they need to be a part of that not stuck in some non existent fantasy from 100 years ago.

Who is suggesting disadvantaging, as you put it, the poor, sick and aged? A radical shift is needed in Social Welfare in this country. Minimum wage employment pays less that having a bunch of kids and never working. There are generations of families who choose not to work, to have kids, to have a house given to them with minimal rent contributions from them or a private rental which they contribute very little to. Incentivising people to work and making work pay as opposed to creating a welfare system that allows people not to bother working is what's needed. As for your point about Travelers, drop the blinkers and face reality, their culture is thuggery, theft, animal abuse and domestic violence, repeat offending filth who contribute nothing, well they do keep the legal profession in work, it's the 21st century and they need to be a part of that not stuck in some non existent pfantasy from 100 years ago.
If they keep the legal profession in business then don't expect anything to change soon. The legal profession run the country, them and the farmers.

Top Bottom