Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

Threads
Do you believe everyone in Ireland on disability has an actual disability???

Awww, how cute.
You're talking about a small number of people.

I think the SW department is up to the job of policing the system.

You'd be better off worrying about those at the upper end scaming the system, the politicians and banisters for one.

Threads
You're talking about a small number of people.

I think the SW department is up to the job of policing the system.

You'd be better off worrying about those at the upper end scaming the system, the politicians and banisters for one.
Banisters?

You are making a big assumption regarding the policing of the system. There are thousands of people scamming it.

The last time I'm aware of that the Dept. ran a pilot scheme checking it out was 2003, when 88% (yes 88%) of those claiming disability for lower back pain were found to be scammers.

Threads
Banisters?

You are making a big assumption regarding the policing of the system. There are thousands of people scamming it.

The last time I'm aware of that the Dept. ran a pilot scheme checking it out was 2003, when 88% (yes 88%) of those claiming disability for lower back pain were found to be scammers.
I'd love to know how many people are claiming a Carers allowance for a child that they claim has ADHD. It's a condition that can't be proved or disproved, a lot like whiplash, yet people who game the system are able to claim a disability payment for the child and a Carers allowance too.

Threads
Banisters?

I'd need to see the facts on that, but if they were found out then my point stands, the sw are policing the system.

Threads
I'd need to see the facts on that, but if they were found out then my point stands, the sw are policing the system.
They're not. 2003 was 15 years ago. Around 7,500 people a year leave the workforce to claim disability. Even the most wide-eyed gullible can't believe that anything more than a small fraction of those are really disabled.

Threads
They're not. 2003 was 15 years ago. Around 7,500 people a year leave the workforce to claim disability. Even the most wide-eyed gullible can't believe that anything more than a small fraction of those are really disabled.
What do you base that notion on?

Threads
The Welfare don't want to investigate the disability scammers as it keeps unemployment fugures down.
I have a few in my family.
The recent status suggests that 50% of Strabane hoseholds contain at least one disabled person which would be higher than Lourdes or Aleppo.

Threads
I agree, I'd say most disabled people want to work but few will take them on.
The Government could supply them with jobs to do, but the libtards will probably call it forced labour.
In Spain they have kiosks selling National Lotto cards and they are usually manned by people in wheelchairs.
Great idea.

Threads
The Welfare don't want to investigate the disability scammers as it keeps unemployment fugures down.
I have a few in my family.
The recent status suggests that 50% of Strabane hoseholds contain at least one disabled person which would be higher than Lourdes or Aleppo.
Perhaps it's just your family.

Strabane and similar cases are unemployment black spots. Long term unemployment can lead to psychological issues. If it's very high then it's something for government to address.

Top Bottom