Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

I don't think so. Welfare is an irresistible magnet to about 4 billion people. They are coming and will not be stopped easily while welfare exists. I have no doubt in my mind that Ireland will be swamped and I believe it is screwed because the Irish are convinced that a welfare state is better than one without.
A decent nation has a social safety net. It's just that you can't have an influx of the whole world and expect it to survive. Ireland should have a points system whereby we can take the best and those who will contribute. Open borders policy will collapse the social safety net and we'll end up with a system whereby private companies sell insurance against unemployment. Only the very wealthy will be immune from the crime when that happens.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
A decent nation has a social safety net. It's just that you can't have an influx of the whole world and expect it to survive. Ireland should have a points system whereby we can take the best and those who will contribute. Open borders policy will collapse the social safety net and we'll end up with a system whereby private companies sell insurance against unemployment. Only the very wealthy will be immune from the crime when that happens.

I'm pretty sure that part of the driving force behind mass immigration is that the ruling class see it as a way to get ordinary people to accept the end of the social welfare system. It's obvious that a small country like Ireland can't give the dole to the population of a huge country like Nigeria - and it's obvious that the ruling class is going to keep the doors wide open for Nigerian migration into Ireland. So, the only logical thing to do is end the social welfare system for everybody. Game, set and match to the rich. They get their flood of cheap migrant labour - and they no longer have to pay taxes to fund a social welfare system. This is certainly how Fine Gael thinks anyway.

Top Bottom