Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

If you ask anyone outside of Antifa \ Trot lunatics, they will tell you they are for restricting immigration. But what "restricting" means will differ greatly. We had a thread here a while ago where the Irish Farmers Association was lobbying for more visas to be granted to non-EU labour. The same ones will tell you that are in favour of restricted immigration, i.e. restricted to the cheap labour that they in particular want.
Actually some Libertarians (though some Libertarians would again be close to the National Party on this issue) and COG types will also tell you that they are for totally open borders as well.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Actually some Libertarians (though some Libertarians would again be close to the National Party on this issue) and COG types will also tell you that they are for totally open borders as well.

I'd say that open borders is the logic of all Liberalism, just that some Liberals haven't got that far yet in their acceptance of Liberalism. Antifa and the Trots are actually the ultimate Liberals. Obviously, the corporations \ financial system already operate a de facto open borders economy, where the state is merely regarded as a local authority - sometimes useful, sometimes an obstacle to be cut down to size.

Kershaw

Premium Account
Attempted sexual assault on girl, 13, in library

A man has pleaded guilty to an attempted sexual assault after a 13-year-old girl visiting a Cork library was hugged and kissed on the cheek by a stranger.

Jay Choudury, aged 28, of Garrane Darra, Wilton, Cork, pleaded guilty to the offence which was carried out on March 23, 2016, at Cork City Library.

“The complainant reported that she was hugged and kissed by an unknown male when she was visiting the library.

Judge Aingil Ní Chondúin said that prior to the imposition of sentence, she wanted to see a probation report on the defendant.

The judge remanded him in custody until September 28 for sentencing.

Defence solicitor, Eddie Burke, said the accused now realised that he could not behave in the way that he did in the library and that his actions were totally inappropriate.

“He struck up a conversation with her. They were talking about cats. He hugged her and kissed her on the cheek,” said Mr Burke.

“There was a brief conversation about an exchange of phone numbers. But the girl got frightened and ran off.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/attempted-sexual-assault-on-girl-13-in-library-455658.html

I think the Church backed the wrong horse when it backed Capitalism over Communism. Capitalism has turned out to be a far more deadly enemy.
Yes but one the main differences between capitalism and communism is that capitalism has open borders and communism has closed borders. As we have seen in history open societies are less likely to go to war than closed ones. Closed societies always have the added disadvantage of having always killed or oppressed minorities in their histories.

Una

Donator
Premium Account
Yes but one the main differences between capitalism and communism is that capitalism has open borders and communism has closed borders. As we have seen in history open societies are less likely to go to war than closed ones. Closed societies always have the added disadvantage of having always killed or oppressed minorities in their histories.
u can't have 'open borders'..... as everyone heads in the same direction, over & over again. Pure Logic.
As for Capitalism, if a satanic cult was not running the world, it could be morphed, evolved, into something else.
As for Communism, or even ex-communist countries, after a trip to Southern Russia last year....., i can tell u the masses are just 'existing', not 'living'.
There are no extras, living under sanctions either. just the bare minimum in the supermarket....., oranges & apples, no avocados.. & basic Veg, plenty of pot holes, bare minimum street lighting, zero animal welfare, shoddy buildings, electric wires hanging down, dusty roads..
& there are Russians with vast wealth. the world is Nuts ! An early retired teacher i met there, with good english, lives on the equivalent of €150 a month. That is her pension. She must then pay rent, electricity, food, & has no car. It's +35 degrees in summer, & -30 in Winter. It's Flat, & dry, & the trees are Total Wrecks, so dry & brittle u could break them in yr hand. When i was landing in Dublin, i looked out at the Lush Green Trees, & Sea, & thanked God I was so lucky to be born in Ireland........

u can't have 'open borders'..... as everyone heads in the same direction, over & over again. Pure Logic.
As for Capitalism, if a satanic cult was not running the world, it could be morphed, evolved, into something else.
As for Communism, or even ex-communist countries, after a trip to Southern Russia last year....., i can tell u the masses are just 'existing', not 'living'.
There are no extras, living under sanctions either. just the bare minimum in the supermarket....., oranges & apples, no avocados.. & basic Veg, plenty of pot holes, bare minimum street lighting, zero animal welfare, shoddy buildings, electric wires hanging down, dusty roads..
& there are Russians with vast wealth. the world is Nuts ! An early retired teacher i met there, with good english, lives on the equivalent of €150 a month. That is her pension. She must then pay rent, electricity, food, & has no car. It's +35 degrees in summer, & -30 in Winter. It's Flat, & dry, & the trees are Total Wrecks, so dry & brittle u could break them in yr hand. When i was landing in Dublin, i looked out at the Lush Green Trees, & Sea, & thanked God I was so lucky to be born in Ireland........
Yes which is an open society not a closed one like the Russians in the wake of their sanctions. That's what Ireland will turn out like if we close off this country to migration and trade

Yes which is an open society not a closed one like the Russians in the wake of their sanctions. That's what Ireland will turn out like if we close off this country to migration and trade
How can any European country NOW, be said to be an 'Open Society'....when they are dictated to by the E.U. ?

Una

Donator
Premium Account
Who said anything about 'closing' migration & trade. It's called 'Sovereignty', controlling yr own migration & trade. Not having others do it for you... on Their Terms. !
There are 500 Million people who can officially move to Ireland tomorrow, & we have no say in the matter.
& that's only Europe !
Russia is a special target of the Globalists. hence the sanctions.

Templar

Donator
Premium Account
Immigration making our housing crisis worse quell surprise

Huge scale of immigration is making our housing crisis worse - Independent.ie

The ERSI report shows that 70pc of non-Irish are in the private rental sector, as distinct from being homeowners etc. That's a lot of people. So, what effect is that having on the cost of rent and the availability of rental property?

Article is from March however intresting reading.