Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Exciting times in good old Oirland.

Also, the complete rejection of normal Irish names for kids these days is something very troubling imo. Our culture is coming almost entirely from the television and Internet.

----------

Our highest climber...

"For boys, names with the biggest growth in popularity were Muhammad, Louis, Lucas, Josh, Jason and Ollie, while for girls it was Willow, Matilda, Harper, Heidi and Zoey."

Jack comes tumbling down as James now most popular name

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Reminder of the time a 9 yr old decided Ireland’s future policy on migrants

I hadn't seen that, unbelievable.

It it really does sum up liberals- they're still spoiled little children who were never forced to grow up, so they consider the views of a child equal to a learned and experienced adult.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Fair play to you Monty - those two Libtards are really beyond help.
Do you think people like that pair, or that Adrian character from the radio clip that Kershaw posted the other day, really believe deep down what they're saying? Or is it just 'virtue signalling' as they say? Or is it worse, that they're taking the money to just play the part? Is it a delusion? Is it programming? Is it just a consequence not very clever people being in the majority?

I'm at a real loss these days to understand how people are so blind.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Do you think people like that pair, or that Adrian character from the radio clip that Kershaw posted the other day, really believe deep down what they're saying? Or is it just 'virtue signalling' as they say? Or is it worse, that they're taking the money to just play the part? Is it a delusion? Is it programming? Is it just a consequence not very clever people being in the majority?

I'm at a real loss these days to understand how people are so blind.

A bit of both I'd say. In the first place, you don't get a job in the Irish media unless you have already proven that you are pushing the propaganda line that the owners of the media want pushed. It seems that Tony O'Reilly, when he was the main owner of the Indo, used to personally interview all the journalists that were hired by the Indo to make sure their views were Kosher. I'm quite sure you do not work in anything owned by Denis O'Brien if you express views different to his. By the time any journalism student is in second year, they will have understood that they can be poor and unemployed with integrity - or they can be well paid whores. I doubt if radio DJs like Adrian there have any particular qualifications, but they will have been closely vetted to make sure they don't have any Verboten ideas. As for just pretending to be brainless puppets of the Oligrachs, I don't think its possible to fake it. You really do have to believe in the Kool Aid.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
A bit of both I'd say. In the first place, you don't get a job in the Irish media unless you have already proven that you are pushing the propaganda line that the owners of the media want pushed. It seems that Tony O'Reilly, when he was the main owner of the Indo, used to personally interview all the journalists that were hired by the Indo to make sure their views were Kosher. I'm quite sure you do not work in anything owned by Denis O'Brien if you express views different to his. By the time any journalism student is in second year, they will have understood that they can be poor and unemployed with integrity - or they can be well paid whores. I doubt if radio DJs like Adrian there have any particular qualifications, but they will have been closely vetted to make sure they don't have any Verboten ideas. As for just pretending to be brainless puppets of the Oligrachs, I don't think its possible to fake it. You really do have to believe in the Kool Aid.
Sounds about right. What a mess.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
Do you think people like that pair, or that Adrian character from the radio clip that Kershaw posted the other day, really believe deep down what they're saying?
God knows. To be fair to them they do read out dissenting voices. I've text Newstalk a few times - always against the consensus - and I've always been read out and commented on. Even when I told George Hook to stop believing in sky fairies :grinning:

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
(It may not the thread for it, but I didn't think it was worth a thread of it's own)

Prickly bushes will save us, lads and lasses.

----------

"Gardaí are advising people to plant prickly bushes in their front gardens to deter would-be burglars during the summer.

Members of the public have also been urged not to post holiday pictures on social media as it could alert criminals to their absence.

While fewer residential burglaries were recorded in the summer of 2016 compared to the winter period, theft of peripheral items including gardening equipment, sports equipment and bicycles tends to spike over June, July and August according to Garda statistics.

To coincide with Bloom Festival in Dublin’s Phoenix Park gardaí have suggested people engage in so-called “defensive planting”: placing a barrier of prickly hedges along the boundary of a home or underneath a window to provide an obstacle for intruders."

Home owners advised to grow prickly bushes to stop burglars

Top Bottom