Hot The Invasion and Plantation of Ireland

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Because jobs aren't scarce enough for Irish people.

What is our constitution for, if not for the people of Ireland?

----------

"The Supreme Court has found that the ban on asylum seekers looking for work is "in principle" unconstitutional.

The seven judge court unanimously found in favour of a Burmese man, who spent eight years in direct provision and challenged the legal ban preventing him from working.

But the court adjourned the matter for six months to allow the legislature to consider how to address the situation.
The decision could have significant implications for other asylum seekers."

Ban on asylum seekers working unconstitutional

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Because jobs aren't scarce enough for Irish people.

What is our constitution for, if not for the people of Ireland?

----------

"The Supreme Court has found that the ban on asylum seekers looking for work is "in principle" unconstitutional.

The seven judge court unanimously found in favour of a Burmese man, who spent eight years in direct provision and challenged the legal ban preventing him from working.

But the court adjourned the matter for six months to allow the legislature to consider how to address the situation.
The decision could have significant implications for other asylum seekers."

Ban on asylum seekers working unconstitutional

How the hell could be be taking eight years to sort out an asylum request?

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
How the hell could be be taking eight years to sort out an asylum request?
God only knows, sounded like he wasn't initially considered qualified- his 'mental health' tactic was genius for pulling the heartstrings, I'd expect to hear that trotted out on a regular basis for them now. And who's paying for his lawyers on €19 a week? I'm starting to think this is all a front line offensive to get laws changed for the main siege.

It was on the radio there, and the head of the Refugee Council of Ireland(or whatever it's called) was on celebrating the news. He was English.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
God only knows, sounded like he wasn't initially considered qualified- his 'mental health' tactic was genius for pulling the heartstrings, I'd expect to hear that trotted out on a regular basis for them now. And who's paying for his lawyers on €19 a week? I'm starting to think this is all a front line offensive to get laws changed for the main siege.

It was on the radio there, and the head of the Refugee Council of Ireland(or whatever it's called) was on celebrating the news. He was English.
I'm sure the cheap employers will be celebrating the news too.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Random story-

I was walking down Custom House Quay yesterday, and one of those painted electricity boxes caught my eye, you know the ones that have themed paintings relevant to an area, etc. on them. I walked towards it from the city side, and noticed some Arabic type name on the side of it, so it caught my eye.

Anyway, the 'piece' seems to be entitled 'The girls are back in town', by 'random Arabic name artist', and the painting on the front of it is of various head covered girls, obviously Muslim and other non Irish looking girls.

I nearly puked tbh. I wonder what the title means? The girls are back in town? Is it a statement of re-conquest? I just can't get my head around it, something like that in Dublin. If anyone is around town maybe check it out and let me know your thoughts.

It's surprising some 'tagger' hasn't sorted it out tbh.

Top Bottom