• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Keith Woods The Growth Of Post-Truth

OP
D

Deleted member 2643

Non Registered Member
Not at all. The text was hotly contested - and even after 325 it was not a settled matter.
Jesus, as the incarnate Son of God, the eternal Pascal offering, the redeemer of men and the Conqueror of death, The Revealer of the Good News and God's Kingdom, is only controversial with Dan Brown acolytes and those maniacs over at the Jesus Seminar.

Jul 31, 2017
The "truth" in the real world is that might is right.

Once you get enough power and authority behind an idea you can get people to believe in literally anything.

Nationalists trying to tell the truth to the masses won't work until they have power behind them.
Agreed, but you need to build a movement first from the ground up right now, those on the vanguard is what we are talking about here in a number of ways, and that vanguard is failing regards a united front that makes sense that is more then just a multitude of weak wristed shattered spears. This is where we are failing badly, good luck ever seeking power if this is the state you are in. Having said all that, all this talk is just that, action on the ground trumps all and things evolve from said action, it's just right now such things are limited and so no harm talking on it.

OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
Jesus, as the incarnate Son of God, the eternal Pascal offering, the redeemer of men and the Conqueror of death, The Revealer of the Good News and God's Kingdom, is only controversial with Dan Brown acolytes and those maniacs over at the Jesus Seminar.

Yes, but none of that tells one how to behave. No doubt Cortez agreed that Jesus was the Son of God - as he cut the throats of the Native Americans, raped their virgins and stole their gold and silver.

Btw. a great many Christians did not believe that Jesus is God. That was a very controversial issue for centuries. Islam seems to have been an answer to that vexing question - an answer that a great many people found more plausible than the official Catholic version. In effect, Islam is an answer that Semitic people could live with - Judaism having refused the question outright.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
Agreed, but you need to build a movement first from the ground up right now, those on the vanguard is what we are talking about here in a number of ways, and that vanguard is failing regards a united front that makes sense that is more then just a multitude of weak wristed shattered spears. This is where we are failing badly, good luck ever seeking power if this is the state you are in. Having said all that, all this talk is just that, action on the ground trumps all and things evolve from said action, it's just right now such things are limited and so no harm talking on it.

When you have so called Irish Nationalists that don't even bother to study the Irish language, then you know you're attempting to build on sand.

Jul 31, 2017
When you have so called Irish Nationalists that don't even bother to study the Irish language, then you know you're attempting to build on sand.
Not true regards those I've come across. Any nationalist i know on the ground of merit is trying to learn the language in general, but many fail as it's hard for some once adulthood hits but it's natural to try at least, just like a hundred years ago when many of the men in the struggle for independence and that filthy civil war were doing the same, certain things naturally come to the fore when action of merit occurs, it's like where there's a will there's a way, but also where there's a will, a natural reality comes to the fore.

OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
Not true regards those I've come across. Any nationalist i know on the ground of merit is trying to learn the language in general, but many fail as it's hard for some once adulthood hits but it's natural to try at least, just like a hundred years ago when many of the men in the struggle for independence and that filthy civil war were doing the same, certain things naturally come to the fore when action of merit occurs, it's like where there's a will there's a way, but also where there's a will, a natural reality comes to the fore.

I agree it's not easy, but learning the Irish language is the first act of building a new Ireland.

Jul 31, 2017

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
PI Member
Dec 15, 2018
Keith is coming across like a HG Wells in this video. He needs to shed his Apollonian mantle once in a while and embrace the Dionysian side of his nature. Go on Keith - dance naked around your parents front garden!

If he, and Morgoth etc, continues down this road of purity policing on Twitter, (you would think a Philosopher - even a neophyte, would grasp the limitations of 128 characters (or whatever it is now), as a medium of argument), before retreating to the comfort of Youtube to tut tut at the unwashed rubes then he is in danger of simply becoming a Gadfly.

Keith may be willing to abandon the "movement" (was he every really a willing member of the "movement" though) but does he not understand that Socrates was guilty and, therefore, deserved his punishment?

Milominderbender

PI Member
Aug 20, 2019
A lot of these you tubers don't seem to encourage their viewers to take action. If I had a you tube account with 10k subscribers or more I would ask my viewers to send me an email describing what they are currently doing for Irish nationalism. Nothing specific or too revealing just that they are personally doing something. I'd state that if I didn't get an adequate response I'd shut the channel down.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
In what way is Christianity superior to Islam?

I would first off having a proper dogmatic understanding of Original Sin- there is though the problem that very many if not most Western Christians do not basically in Original Sin, and by that I mean not just that they reject the more severe Augustinian interpretations but they essentially reject the Doctrine full stop. Actually given your interest in Hermeticism you should look at the tractate Poimandres in the Corpus Hermeticum which gives a doctrine of Original Sin which can be assmiliated into Christianity- arguably the Sevener Shia do have a complex doctrine of Original Sin which might deserve a thread but it cannot be assimilated into Christianity (though they have been influential on Islamic thought way out of proportion to their numbers most Muslims consider the Seveners rather nutty if not very nutty). I think without such a doctrine so much in our human existential condition becomes inexplicable and grating.

Second I would argue that our historical understanding and the sense of importance which we have given to history which has been so fruitful and which has been largely lacking in non-Christian human civilizations to varying degrees has grown out of the Dogma of the Incarnation. Henri Corbin has argued this strongly only he saw all what could be called "Historicism" as something imprisoning. Rabbinic Judaism though not Shi'ite Ifran is what completely rejects an interest in the historical in the order to understand the world- only to be chained but a much more imprisoning and much less fruitful "Paradigmatic" view of time. Marx's approach to history bears the marks of Lutheranism- but not at all of Rabbinic Judaism.

I should have mentioned the Resurrection first- but without understanding Original Sin fully I do not think you can comprehrend the Ressurection fully.

OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
I would first off having a proper dogmatic understanding of Original Sin- there is though the problem that very many if not most Western Christians do not basically in Original Sin, and by that I mean not just that they reject the more severe Augustinian interpretations but they essentially reject the Doctrine full stop. Actually given your interest in Hermeticism you should look at the tractate Poimandres in the Corpus Hermeticum which gives a doctrine of Original Sin which can be assmiliated into Christianity- arguably the Sevener Shia do have a complex doctrine of Original Sin which might deserve a thread but it cannot be assimilated into Christianity (though they have been influential on Islamic thought way out of proportion to their numbers most Muslims consider the Seveners rather nutty if not very nutty). I think without such a doctrine so much in our human existential condition becomes inexplicable and grating.

Second I would argue that our historical understanding and the sense of importance which we have given to history which has been so fruitful and which has been largely lacking in non-Christian human civilizations to varying degrees has grown out of the Dogma of the Incarnation. Henri Corbin has argued this strongly only he saw all what could be called "Historicism" as something imprisoning. Rabbinic Judaism though not Shi'ite Ifran is what completely rejects an interest in the historical in the order to understand the world- only to be chained but a much more imprisoning and much less fruitful "Paradigmatic" view of time. Marx's approach to history bears the marks of Lutheranism- but not at all of Rabbinic Judaism.

I should have mentioned the Resurrection first- but without understanding Original Sin fully I do not think you can comprehrend the Ressurection fully.

I see your point, but I would tend to think that if original sin exists at all, it exists in language. Therefore, we are not born with original sin but acquire it.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
I see your point, but I would tend to think that if original sin exists at all, it exists in language. Therefore, we are not born with original sin but acquire it.

Do you see ala John Zerzan that language is at the root of human alienation? Muslims see something almost divine in the human capacity for language, it is a big thing for them.

I see Original Sin primarily as the fact of physical death, which I do not believe is natural for humans, and in our being open to demonic influence.

Top Bottom