The Green Wave: Washing away all common sense?

I don't deny that there has been a change in the climate patterns in Ireland.

However I don't buy, not even for one second, the Green Party's explanation for that climate change. Nor do I buy their explanation as to how deal with a changing climate.

Green Party are, and always have been, a bunch of chancers

Fuckwit gold fish memory electorate forget that the Irish Green party helped to create this country's economic mess.

GodsDog

Staff member
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Posted on another thread but I've reposted here because it's very relevant

GodsDog

Staff member
PI Member

Atmospheric scientist John Christy developed a global temperature record of the lower atmosphere using highly accurate satellite soundings. NASA honored him for this achievement, and he was an author for a previous edition of the U.N. report. He told a House Science Committee hearing in March 2017 that the U.N. climate models have failed badly.

Christy compared the average model projections since 1979 to the most reliable observations — those made by satellites and weather balloons over the vast tropics. The result? In the upper levels of the lower atmosphere, the models predicted seven times as much warming as has been observed. Overprediction also occurred at all other levels. Christy recently concluded that, on average, the projected heating by the models is three times what has been observed.

GodsDog

Staff member
PI Member
Interesting article on Greta the "useful idiot" of greenwashing corporations and the elite

jpc

PI Member
Interesting article on Greta the "useful idiot" of greenwashing corporations and the elite

“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.”

– Noam Chomsky, 1988

He nailed it didn't he?

James_Dawson_is_back

PI Member
Restricted
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.”

– Noam Chomsky, 1988

He nailed it didn't he?
Noam Chomsky inspired an entire generation of white people to hate themselves. He is literally the devil incarnate. A "good Jew"

Thelasthurrah

PI Member
Yup, when the greens forward proposals for nuclear energy and global depopulation, I’ll pay attention.
Nuclear energy is clearly the way to go if we are serious about replacing fossil fuels, but the usual suspects................

Major Infraction

PI Member

We have been immersed in propaganda about Man made or Anthropogenic Climate Change since that asshole Al Gore
conned us all with his famous hockey stick graph and made millions as a result of his stupid film.
This propaganda about AGW/ACC had been especially targetted at children in schools.
Now that generation have come of age and are making their views felt politically.

By now we've all heard the media crowing about the new "green wave" across Europe
We've experienced it here too in the form of the election of Oil share owning hypocrite Ciaran Cuffe and friends
Just this week Prime time had a farcical debate between zealot green party member and Michael Healy Rae

Taxing the poorest in society on basic items with carbon taxes and undermining sustainable agriculture in Ireland, in the belief that somehow these actions will help bring about a change in the earth's climate is complete ideological nonsense.

The EU is of course driving this nonsense agenda by imposing huge fines for greenhouse gas emissions here.

Anyone with two braincells can look at our relatively tiny population and then look at a globe or google earth and realise that we are just a speck on the surface of the planet and anything we do is completely insignificant in bringing about a change in the earth's climate and that all we will succeed in doing is to cripple our own agriculture and our own economy to the market advantage of other European countries. In fact, though the climate itself may be measurably changing, there is still debate whether it is the actions of human beings that are largely driving this process as opposed to just the natural cycles of the sun.

Yet in the recent election, I have no doubt that naive people voted for these charlatans, actually believing green policies might mean that they might experience less freak weather in the future etc if these carbon taxes and other measures were enacted as the greens want.
They won't. And it's just nonsense to think they possibly could.

Now there is clear evidence that mankind is polluting the earth with waste and plastics on a grand scale and this certainly needs to be tackled and I would be fully behind common sense initiatives that reduce actual pollution. But this obsession with man made climate change and the belief that taxing poor people and undermining our fragile economy by green zealots is quite troubling. And sadly this religion of ACC seems to be the new Green wave's major focus, rather than tackling more traditional concrete issues like environmental pollution and widespread pesticide and GMO use in our food systems etc.

For example many greens advocate dubious policies that will push us to buy new electric cars with batteries that cost thousands and need replacing after just a few years
instead of maintaining and keeping older cars on the road as long as we can. Production of these new cars and batteries is not really half as green as they claim when you examine the full cycle from production to destruction. And forcing mass take up of new cars leading to increased manufacturing and mining etc is NOT really a green policy. It is greenwash that just helps flagging auto manufacturers keep their profits up. Many such green party policies fall apart under rigorous scrutiny.

Is there no end to the gullibility of the electorate, the naivete of our brainwashed youth, the hypocrisy of the greens,
and what headaches will this new "green wave" lead to in Ireland?
I've read all of this thread today.

Very illuminating.

Thanks for starting it and also for your subsequent contributions to argue and support your position.

Best thread on this site since I joined.

Top Bottom