The Green Wave: Washing away all common sense?

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member

Sawdust

PI Member
It does not wash. A propeller aircraft is the same as the by-pass fan and it does emit co2 at the engine exhaust. In the turbo fan engine all the power is obtained from burning fossil fuel in a conventional jet engine and these produce water vapuor trails sine I first saw them flying in the 1960.

Turbofan - Wikipedia
Do windfarms leave chemtrails?

I may have to reconsider my plan to stick one out the front.

Last edited:

valamhic

DEPORTED
PI Member
If you read this article, you will see they say the average age of America's wind turbines is 14 years and they will soon need an upgrade.

It is suggested that investors invest in these upgrades. My dossier shows that no wind farm is making enough to pay for the capital cost over its lifespan of 14 to 25 years. No genuine dividend was ever paid on existing wind farms. When the existing fleet becomes wore our there will still be at least 10 years to pay on the original cost.

So why would anyone invest in reconditioning wind farms when the originals ones can't repay their cost?

How Can I Invest in Windmill Energy Farms?

valamhic

DEPORTED
PI Member
If we look at Irish wind farms as a case in point, they can pay their interest but not their capital cost over their lifetime. They are loosing 220 million Euros per year which is deducted from their repayments in the way of debt forgiveness or debt for equity swaps. Gaerlectric is gone burst. So where are developers getting 2.6 million per turbine to instal several wind farms per year while others cannot be sold.?

It is now looking like there are two souses. Most pension fund money is going into them. They are converting dodgy derivatives into cash and convincing banks it safe to invest. This is a global trend and watch out for Duetsche Bank. I bet Irish wind farms are among its assets.

They were better with two goats

valamhic

DEPORTED
PI Member
I believe it’s overstated garbage but I also believe in alternative energy supplies to oil.
Well that is a reasonable position to take on climate change. In other words you say there may be something to it but its not as bad as claimed.

You are correct on alternative every to oil. There is coal, gas, horses and nuclear. River hydro is all used up.

Sawdust

PI Member
If we look at Irish wind farms as a case in point, they can pay their interest but not their capital cost over their lifetime. They are loosing 220 million Euros per year which is deducted from their repayments in the way of debt forgiveness or debt for equity swaps. Gaerlectric is gone burst. So where are developers getting 2.6 million per turbine to instal several wind farms per year while others cannot be sold.?

It is now looking like there are two souses. Most pension fund money is going into them. They are converting dodgy derivatives into cash and convincing banks it safe to invest. This is a global trend and watch out for Duetsche Bank. I bet Irish wind farms are among its assets.

They were better with two goats
Are you aware of no other enterprise in Ireland that isn’t inherently profitable without interventions?

Sawdust

PI Member
Well that is a reasonable position to take on climate change. In other words you say there may be something to it but its not as bad as claimed.

You are correct on alternative every to oil. There is coal, gas, horses and nuclear. River hydro is all used up.
I am not convinced by any of it. The earth froze and baked before humans, cow farts, oil or me putting my water bottle in the wrong bin.

Last edited:

valamhic

DEPORTED
PI Member
Are you aware of no other enterprise in Ireland that isn’t inherently profitable without interventions?
McHale engineering.
Glanbia,
Kingspan,
Coirby Rock animal feeds.
Angretta transport
Celtuc pure.
Gypsum Industries
Manor farm

I never mentioned interventions in recent posts. There are state interventions for wind which I object to. These interventions will continue for a long time . There are private interventions comprising of injections of pension funds by the likes of Irish life and interventions by National Toll roads, the ESB and other energy suppliers like SSE which is driving them broke. it can't go on.
My point is that notwithstanding them, the industry is insolvent each and every one.

Top Bottom