Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Self Moderated The Green Wave: Washing away all common sense?

Rommel

PI Member
One of the biggest donors to the Climate Extinction loons is the Getty Family, who made billions in the oil industry. Are they trying to inflate oil prices?
That would be JR Ewing type thinking which I like

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member

I'm all for being more careful about how we use oil, and we shouldn't be covering the planet in concrete and steel and plastic. But the whole Green Agenda is just made for sociopaths to latch onto. A friend of mine was in the Green Party (during his time of innocence), and he assures me that Eamon Ryan is a total sociopath to has nothing but contempt for genuine Environmentalists. He even referred to people objecting to having Ireland covered in these wind turbines as "mental." Ryan cares about nothing but his personal power and being the center of attention. He actually has no opinions of his own. He just latches on to whatever idea is popular at the moment. And he's far from alone in that party. And look at how shit companies like McDonalds and Coca Cola are latching on to Green propaganda - anything with the word "Green" sells these days.

Mein Groypt

PI Member
I'm all for being more careful about how we use oil, and we shouldn't be covering the planet in concrete and steel and plastic. But the whole Green Agenda is just made for sociopaths to latch onto. A friend of mine was in the Green Party (during his time of innocence), and he assures me that Eamon Ryan is a total sociopath to has nothing but contempt for genuine Environmentalists. He even referred to people objecting to having Ireland covered in these wind turbines as "mental." Ryan cares about nothing but his personal power and being the center of attention. He actually has no opinions of his own. He just latches on to whatever idea is popular at the moment. And he's far from alone in that party. And look at how shit companies like McDonalds and Coca Cola are latching on to Green propaganda - anything with the word "Green" sells these days.
A description of most people in power. i.e the politician and I'm afraid now I see that nationalism has attained a sizeable following, it's attracting the same sociopathic or just plain selfish carpetbaggers, people drawn to money, power and fame. They will damage the project in the longer term, but not after having extracted all they need from it.

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I'm actually very environmentally conscious,
but IMHO the whole Anthropogenic global warming thing is simply a corporate marketting scam
and a government power grab. Governments get to tax the air we breathe and corporations get to sell lots of new products
but they don't have to change their systematic raping and (actual) polluting of the planet or get penalised for it to any great degree.

Very little actual scientific discussion of this AGW for something that is being used as the rationale
for such sweeping changes to our lives. It's just an article of faith it seems. And there is a reason for this.
The figures just do not stack up if you actually examine them.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Premium
The climate may well be changing.

But I'm not persuaded that the climate which might be changing, is changing for the reasons given by the Green Party.

I wish the Irish electorate would wake up and recall what these Green Party clowns did to our country when they were in government the last time.

Conall Gulban

PI Member
Governments get to tax the air we breathe and corporations get to sell lots of new products
but they don't have to change their systematic raping and (actual) polluting of the planet or get penalised for it to any great degree.
It's astonishing that this very obvious and blatant truth seems to go over the heads of so many people.

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
The climate may well be changing.

But I'm not persuaded that the climate which might be changing, is changing for the reasons given by the Green Party.

I wish the Irish electorate would wake up and recall what these Green Party clowns did to our country when they were in government the last time.
The climate IS changing. It always has been.
But it's just not mankind's activity that is the main driving factor in these changes.
For example, Ireland's entire contribution barely even registers in the error noise of the global figure
if you are considering the impact of CO2 warming. But our political class would make sweeping changes
to all our lives on the basis of activities whose actual effect on the climate is not even measurable.

The entire figure of residual CO2 from ALL sources that remains is just 0.04% of the entire atmosphere.
That includes all CO2 released worldwide from every source. All the forest fires, volcanoes, termites worldwide,
and from all the huge countries like China, US, Korea etc.

By comparison, water vapour is also a greenhouse gas and constitutes up to 4% of the atmosphere (100 times more than CO2)
Strangely nobody talks about the evil water vapour we are all producing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom