The Green Wave: Washing away all common sense?

GodsDog

Staff member
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If that's trolling it's Sith Lord Level

Looks like it WAS a sith lord level troll on AOC! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

GodsDog

Staff member
PI Member
"the science is settled" my ass.
"97% of scientists agree" my ass.
It's just peer pressure, grant pressure and bullying

Some scientists have stood up to be counted though (not that it was much reported in the MSM of course!)

A group of 500 prominent scientists and professionals, led by the CLINTEL co-founder Guus Berkhout, has sent a registered letter to the Secretary-General of the UN, António Guterres. They warn the Secretary-General that “[c]urrent climate policies pointlessly and grievously undermine the economic system, putting lives at risk in countries denied access to affordable, reliable electrical energy.”
They add: “We urge you to follow a climate policy based on sound science, realistic economics and genuine concern for those harmed by costly but unnecessary attempts at mitigation.”
press briefing:

registered letter to UN:

Current list of scientists:

Anglophile

PI Member
Smug, posh vegans from Extinction Rebellion have occupied Smithfield Meat Market. ( London )
They’re publicly shaming the working-class meat traders and preventing them from making a living.
This sums up the nasty elitism of the green movement, writes Brendan O’Neill.

Karloff

PI Member
"the science is settled" my ass.
"97% of scientists agree" my ass.
It's just peer pressure, grant pressure and bullying

Some scientists have stood up to be counted though (not that it was much reported in the MSM of course!)

press briefing:

registered letter to UN:

Current list of scientists:
500 scientists is a drop in the ocean of the scientific community.

And i looked at the list of those who signed and many aren't even scientists, i saw a few economists by profession. Of those who are scientists many come from fields outside Climate Science like Aeronautical science. Also just having a BSC is all you needed to be included as a signatory. It's not very impressive to be honest.

GodsDog

Staff member
PI Member
500 scientists is a drop in the ocean of the scientific community.

And i looked at the list of those who signed and many aren't even scientists, i saw a few economists by profession. Of those who are scientists many come from fields outside Climate Science like Aeronautical science. Also just having a BSC is all you needed to be included as a signatory. It's not very impressive to be honest.
What qualification does 16 year old Greta Thunberg have?? :rolleyes:

Anyone with a BSC is better qualified to read scientific papers than journalists, politicians and
ordinary members of the public

Man made CO2 only accounts for a mere 3.4% of the 0.04% of the atmosphere that is CO2.
It's not enough to change anything, even if we reduced that 0.04% by the entire 3.4% of it that humans are responsible for.

you can't even measure the entire contribution of Ireland to that 3.4% of 0.04%. It's just lost in the error noise

Water vapour is 1-4%, a much bigger factor, but we can do nothing about that. And to complicate matters,
it reflects sunlight as well as being a greenhouse gas. It's not even factored in properly into the climate models (cloud formation / cover) as a recent finnish study concluded.

The science is not settled and this is more like religion mixed with cynical capitalism than proper scientific debate.

All the rich people in Ireland buying stupid new electric cars and ever rising carbon taxes imposed on the poor by FFG
will not even change one single harsh weather event here. So what is the point exactly??
Talk about piss poor return on investment!!

Yet because of all the hype and propaganda, many ordinary unscientific people you ask about it actually now seem to believe that
this mass "holding in of farts", buying electric cars and poor people paying carbon taxes will somehow "change the weather". Ask them!
It's preposterous.

Last edited:

Karloff

PI Member
What qualification does 16 year old Greta Thunberg have?? :rolleyes:

Anyone with a BSC is better qualified to read scientific papers than journalists, politicians and
ordinary members of the public
But Greta does not masquerade as a 'prominent scientist', merely as a concerned sixteen year old girl.

GodsDog

Staff member
PI Member
But Greta does not masquerade as a 'prominent scientist', merely as a concerned sixteen year old girl.
Concerned about something she is clearly not remotely qualified to assess!!

Yet this little girl is being promoted worldwide to lecture us about it.
Something really stinks here.

-

GodsDog

Staff member
PI Member
humans ARE polluting and destroying the planet
and destroying biodiversity and ecosystems,
poisoning the soil and the water and most of our food,
and driving many animal species to extinction every day.
Those are REAL issues, but no emphasis on those
because fixing THOSE issues would seriously damage
corporate profits.

Instead the media etc concentrates on CO2 nonsense which generates huge new opportunities to make more money
selling greenwash and imposing carbon taxes while not having to address the costly pollution elephant in the room at all

Karloff

PI Member
Concerned about something she is clearly not remotely qualified to assess!!

Yet this little girl is being promoted worldwide to lecture us about it.
Something really stinks here.

-
But her role is not dissecting or producing scientific data merely speaking based on the scientific concensus on the issue - that AGW IS happening, that ecocide IS happening. Her role is speaking out on work others have done - and she does not need special qualifications for that.

If nearly all scientists agreed that something catastrophic was happening and they lacked a means by which to communicate that to us in general life meanwhile govts and corporations did nothing - i think that would be even stranger than having a spokesperson be the means.

Top Bottom