• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

The governments latest scam "minimum pricing" on alcohol to be introduced within weeks

MichaelMcGrath

PI Member
Dec 29, 2016
I'm not a big drinker my self however this is just an attack on the poor apparently because alcoholics are drinking too much cheap booze.

People who don't drink may think it doesn't effect them but it will when other taxes/levies are brought in on things the government doesn't like.

We already have the "sugar tax" which encourages people to drink diet soft drinks which are far worse for peoples health than sugary drinks.

They also want to bring in a "carbon tax" on meat and dairy food products.

Anything that brings any kind of joy or happiness to peoples lives the government wants to take away from people.

Millionaire politicians and wealthy civil servants should not be allowed to dictate the price of the working man's pint!

bells of shandon

PI Member
Jun 13, 2019
Alcohol is haram to FF/FG/Lab, figure that one out..
I consider a person frequenting a Shebeen as an enlightened Revolutionary and not just a Toper.
There is no mask wearing ,social distancing or any other nonsense, that has been drunk deeply and unquestioningly by the common herd.
Plus the State is prevented from dipping its beak into the revenue.
As a Still operator, I am preparing an alternative source of currency, using Liqor, to battle against the coming Central Bank Hegemony of Digital currency.
Liquor and tobacco have a long history as a means of exchange in trading and have inherent value. I am just ahead of the Posse ,in preparing for the coming Dystopia.
To reflect my rebellious intentions ,our Shebeen is named The Mint.

Last edited:

Rick kit

PI Member
May 6, 2018
I consider a person frequenting a Shebeen as an enlightened Revolutionary and not just a Toper.
There is no mask wearing ,social distancing or any other nonsense, that has been drunk deeply and unquestioningly by the common herd.
Plus the State is prevented from dipping its beak into the revenue.
As a Still operator, I am preparing an alternative source of currency, using Liqor, to battle against the coming Central Bank Hegemony of Digital currency.
Liquor and tobacco have a long history as a means of exchange in trading and have inherent value. I am just ahead of the Posse ,in preparing for the coming Dystopia.
To reflect my rebellious intentions ,our Shebeen is named The Mint.
Call it sipcoin

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Jun 9, 2017

A very good pint...oops point. People are saving money by not going out to get sh1tfaced in wildly over priced pubs. Why bother going to the pub if you're saving some moolah each week? Why bother going if some lump is demanding to see your vax-pass? Easier to sit at home, enjoy a bottle of vino or whatever poison it is you like and watch a flick/listen to some music etc. etc.

Would it be outlandish to predict a prohibition style black market growing in the alcoholic beverages market?

Nov 5, 2018
Would it be outlandish to predict a prohibition style black market growing in the alcoholic beverages market?

Would it be outlandish to predict the Authorities would pursue you with more extreme prejudice than they use to chase dangerous drivers, violent k.nackers, rapists & murderers ?

where there is money there is trouble.

Myles O'Reilly

PI Member
PI Member
Feb 3, 2017

I hope so. This Establishment and their do gooder influencers need a good dose of US 1930's gangsterism to smack them in the face.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Jun 9, 2017
I hope so. This Establishment and their do gooder influencers need a good dose of US 1930's gangsterism to smack them in the face.

I don't think they're doing it for the benefit of everyone's health. Someone pointed out earlier that the vintners association are probably behind it. I'd believe that before the "we're doing it for everyone's health" malarkey (lol).

They want to get people back into the pubs spending moolah.

Kitchen`s Closed

PI Member
Feb 18, 2021
I don't think they're doing it for the benefit of everyone's health. Someone pointed out earlier that the vintners association are probably behind it. I'd believe that before the "we're doing it for everyone's health" malarkey (lol).

They want to get people back into the pubs spending moolah.
Pubs have abandoned their customers and communities for the most part by their lack of pushback and fight.

Pubs, proper pubs, nice pubs are over. Their customers and communities will abandon them because of their own inaction . They drank too much of the lockdown koolaid. They will not recover and most do not deserve to.

Life and living it is not a permissive endeavor.

I will miss the pub.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Jun 9, 2017
Pubs have abandoned their customers and communities for the most part by their lack of pushback and fight.

Pubs, proper pubs, nice pubs are over. Their customers and communities will abandon them because of their own inaction . They drank too much of the lockdown koolaid. They will not recover and most do not deserve to.

Life and living it is not a permissive endeavor.

I will miss the pub.

I dunno about that mate. I suspect the boys and girls will be eager to get back down the boozer and get sh1tfaced.