• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

The governments latest scam "minimum pricing" on alcohol to be introduced within weeks

IrishJohn

PI Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm not a big drinker my self however this is just an attack on the poor apparently because alcoholics are drinking too much cheap booze.

People who don't drink may think it doesn't effect them but it will when other taxes/levies are brought in on things the government doesn't like.

We already have the "sugar tax" which encourages people to drink diet soft drinks which are far worse for peoples health than sugary drinks.

They also want to bring in a "carbon tax" on meat and dairy food products.

Anything that brings any kind of joy or happiness to peoples lives the government wants to take away from people.

OP
IrishJohn

IrishJohn

PI Member
Sep 12, 2018
Misery Martin.

First mehole came for the smokers.
I did not speak out because I was not a smoker.
Then mehole came for the drinkers.
I did not speak out because I was not a drinker.
Then mehole came for church goers
I did not speak out because I was not a church goer.
Then mehole came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Bad dog

PI Member
Nov 2, 2017
I am shit sick of this country and its politicians, things have got so bad in the last few years, the MSM is in the pocket of the government, every ridiculous thing they do, this, their dismal handling of the anti lockdown protests, giving out citizenship to anyone that can prove they shouldn't get it, etc etc (the list is so fucking long I could be here all nigh)t is simply reported without question by the papers. I will be gone again in 6 weeks time, will not bother to read any news coming from this country again, probably won't come back for Christmas either. I don't care about the price of drink, I probably spend 400 or 500 a year on it, its the principal of the matter that has me really pissed off now that I think of it.

Max the Axe

PI Member
Feb 19, 2021
I am shit sick of this country and its politicians, things have got so bad in the last few years, the MSM is in the pocket of the government, every ridiculous thing they do, this, their dismal handling of the anti lockdown protests, giving out citizenship to anyone that can prove they shouldn't get it, etc etc (the list is so fucking long I could be here all nigh)t is simply reported without question by the papers. I will be gone again in 6 weeks time, will not bother to read any news coming from this country again, probably won't come back for Christmas either. I don't care about the price of drink, I probably spend 400 or 500 a year on it, its the principal of the matter that has me really pissed off now that I think of it.
I suppose the government is trying to placate different forces with that EXTRA TAX. Where are you going? I know people actively thinking of bailing out. Amnesty Int are banging on about direct provision tonight.

OP
IrishJohn

IrishJohn

PI Member
Sep 12, 2018
I wonder would the banning of alcohol bring the normies out on to the streets to protest against government,

The government may be planning to restrict alcohol sales to people who are "fully vaccinated".

In recent months with walls going up in supermarkets in the alcohol sections it looks like the government is planning to ban the sale of alcohol at some point which has already happened in South Africa.

Irelandfortheirish

PI Member
Mar 16, 2019
I wonder would the banning of alcohol bring the normies out on to the streets to protest against government,

The government may be planning to restrict alcohol sales to people who are "fully vaccinated".

In recent months with walls going up in supermarkets in the alcohol sections it looks like the government is planning to ban the sale of alcohol at some point which has already happened in South Africa.
Why should the government back down on anything?
99.9% of people are wearing masks in the supermarkets for the last couple of months I am the only person in the shops without one.

You are a great poster but it's the Mongs on the streets going along with all this shite.

gijoe

PI Member
Nov 19, 2019

They have to 'compensate' their publican mates somehow. All these 'restrictions' on the supermarkets and offies are designed at assist the on trade.

OP
IrishJohn

IrishJohn

PI Member
Sep 12, 2018
Why should the government back down on anything?
99.9% of people are wearing masks in the supermarkets for the last couple of months I am the only person in the shops without one.

You are a great poster but it's the Mongs on the streets going along with all this shite.

There has to be a breaking point when people have had enough and decide to fight back.

Irelandfortheirish

PI Member
Mar 16, 2019
There has to be a breaking point when people have had enough and decide to fight back.
I hope you are right but.