• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Emerging Disaster that is the Repeal Campaign

Stopped a few lads defacing a NO poster this evening.

Had they been 14 or 15, I'd have put it down to kids acting the maggot (what lad hasn't added a Mexican mustache or poorly drawn penis to a poster or boarding at that age).
But these blokes were easily in their 20s.

I could vaguely make out a "phuck off" after I shouted over, but they scarpered when I approached them.
I wasn't going to start anything over a poster, but the flat Dublin accent, shaved head, and gym build probably gave the impression that I could handle myself.

Just as well they didn't escalate it: I've a badly strained shoulder (my arm should probably be on a sling to stop me moving it).
They would've made a show of me.:sweatsmile:

Had they been 14 or 15, I'd have put it down to kids acting the maggot (what lad hasn't added a Mexican mustache or poorly drawn penis to a poster or boarding at that age).

I could vaguely make out a "phuck off" after I shouted over, but they scarpered when I approached them.
I wasn't going to start anything over a poster, but the flat Dublin accent, shaved head, and gym build probably gave the impression that I could handle myself.

Just as well they didn't escalate it: I've a badly strained shoulder (my arm should probably be on a sling to stop me moving it).
so u do look a bit like ur avatar!

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium Account

Kick em in the balls!

They won't get away with this to the extent the SSM poster bandits did.

Even my Da, who voted YES to SSM and could hardly be described as a paragon of social conservatism ( bar immigration), has said that he'd challenge anyone he saw taking down NO posters (he never mentioned YES posters curiously enough).

Although it's probably less of a problem where he lives.

Kick em in the balls!
In any case, it wouldn't have ended well for me (my pride more so than my physical health)
And to make matters worse, a squad car was on patrol.

No prizes for guessing correctly who they would've arrested:

UCD students claiming, in their politest Disney channelesque upspeak, that they were minding their own business when some 'lunatic' picked on them for 'no reason'.
Or me.

And I was wearing track bottoms (I jogged to the offlicense but walked back).
Maybe if they noticed that I had craft beer in the bag they would've let me off.

The guards probably have a chart similar to this, but for Irish class phenotypes rather than race, to speed things up when they're confused.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Another Abortionist criminal gives the Gardaí all they need for a conviction for criminal damage - but will they act?

Last edited:
They won't get away with this to the extent the SSM poster bandits did.

Even my Da, who voted YES to SSM and could hardly be described as a paragon of social conservatism ( bar immigration), has said that he'd challenge anyone he saw taking down NO posters (he never mentioned YES posters curiously enough).

Although it's probably less of a problem where he lives.
I'm not sure that opposition to mass immigration hasn't anything to do with social conservatism per se. Something I have noticed over on the other place is that all the gays who aren't trapped in activist or academic bubbles are actually very much opposed to mass immigration- Mercurial might think that Muslims and Africans are the natural allies of the homosexual community but Roll On, Dame Enda and blokes'bloke would beg to differ. I know which I think is stronger in the common sense department.

P.S. I hope you haven't forgotten about the conspiracy theory thread.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Jewish homosexual film director, Lenny Abrahamson, says Ireland's protection of the unborn is a "disgrace" and part of "Old Ireland" and the "old darkness." Abrahamson has made his Shekels by making films slandering the good name of Ireland and presenting us as backward and foolish. He is a great hit with his fellow Jews in Hollywood.

Lenny Abrahamson says Eighth Amendment is ‘national disgrace’