The Dark Crystal - an allergory for today?

An Fiach Ban

Donator
PI Member
Yesterday I was perusing a number of online threads, Steve Sailer is always good, and the comment section lively. On the basis of a so-so article, based on the recommendation of a commentator, who I never heard of before I decided to check out the Netflix mini-series The Dark Crystal , those of you who were teens in the 80s will remember the actual film the dark Crystal by puppet master Jim Henderson, this series is a preclude to what happened in The Dark Crystal.
Not being a fan of Netflix or TV, and not having got into Game of Thrones or much other, I decided on a whim to check it out.
So what did I find: a beautiful, visually gorgeous enriched fantasy world that's spectacular to behold.
So in this world: Thra a number of tribes from a dominant race run it, order it, administrate it, and they do that well, however , the overlords of this planetary order are a race of aliens not indigenous to the planet who have ruled a thousand years but who clearly do not have the interests at heart of the native races and order, however much they pretend to, and have convinced the indigenous inhabitants they are in fact needed to run the planet in an orderly fashion.
The Goddess of this planet was approached by the Skexis (big beaked fat crows) aliens who arrive from space, and given a model of the galaxy that keeps her entertained. Meanwhile the Skexis move in, take over, and demand tribute while sucking resources out of the Crystal of Truth corrupting it in the process and deleting the planets resources at the same time. In time they come to feed on the Gelfing youth and one of the Gelfings who discovers the truth tries to warn others but is accused of being inflected with a "mind-virus".
So the themes if you will are there, its highly usual to find a child's film or entertainment that doesn't have all the degeneracy we see everywhere inflected throughout LGQT, minority worship, etc, in fact its seems as if there are several "right wing" tropes introduced, including a stone robot whose voice seems to me anyway, to very suspectly resemble that of American white nationalist Dr William L Pierce.
Highly recommended if you watch Netflix.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was perusing a number of online threads, Steve Sailer is always good, and the comment section lively. On the basis of a so-so article today, based on the recommendation of a commentator, who I never heard of before I decided to check out the Netflix mini-series The Dark Crystal , those of you who were teens in the 80s will remember the actual film the dark Crystal by puppet master Jim Henderson, this series is a preclude to what happened in The Dark Crystal.
Not being a fan of Netflix or TV, and not having got into Game of Thrones or much other, I decided on a whim to check it out.
So what did I find: a beautiful, visually gorgeous enriched fantasy world that's spectacular to behold.
So in this world: Thra a number of tribes from a dominant race run it, order it, administrate it, and they do that well, however , the overlords of this planetary order are a race of aliens not indigenous to the planet who have ruled a thousand years but who clearly do not have the interests at heart of the native races and order, however much they pretend to, and have connived the indigenous inhabitants they are in fact needed to run the planet in an orderly fashion.
The Goddess of this planet was approached by the Skexis (big beaked fat crows) aliens who arrive from space, and given a model of the galaxy that keeps her entertained. Meanwhile the Skexis move in, take over, and demand tribute while sucking resources out of the Crystal of Truth corrupting it in the process and deleting the planets resources at the same time. In time they come to feed on the Gelfing youth and one of the Gelfings who discovers the truth tries to warn others but is accused of being inflected with a "mind-virus".
So the themes if you will are there, its highly usual to find a child's film or entertainment that doesn't have all the degeneracy we see everywhere inflected throughout LGQT, minority worship, etc, in fact its seems as if there are several "right wing" tropes introduced, including a stone robot whose voice seems to me anyway to very suspectly resemble that of American white nationalist Dr William L Pierce.
Highly recommended if you watch Netflix.
This is just thinly veiled antisemitism!