The Consequences of Music

Threads
Even thousands of years ago, philosophers like Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates understood the tremendous influence music has on its listeners.

Over 2300 years ago, Aristotle spoke about music and its ability to communicate the emotional states of humans:

"Music directly imitates the passions or states of the soul...when one listens to music that imitates a certain passion, he becomes imbued withthe same passion; and if over a long time he habitually listens to music that rouses ignoble passions, his whole character will be shaped to an ignoble form."

Aristotle recognized that music communicates emotion, and that immoral music can shape our character for the worse.

Plato observed the effect that music had on society in his day and made this thought-provoking statement: "Any musical innovation is full of danger to the whole state, and ought to be prohibited. When modes of music change, the fundamental laws of the state always change with them." Plato also spoke about the contribution music made to the moral decline of ancient Greece:

They were men of genius, but they had no perception of what was just and lawful in music...And by composing licentious works, and adding to them words as licentious, they have inspired the multitude with lawlessness and boldness, and made them fancy that they could judge for themselves about melody and song...in music there first arose the universal conceit of omniscience and general lawlessness; freedom came following afterwards, and men, fancying that they knew what they did not know, had no longer any fear, and the absence of fear begets shamelessness. For what is this shamelessness, which is so evil a thing, but the insolent refusal to regard the opinion of the better by reason of an over-daring sort of liberty?"

Early Christian philosopher Boethuis regarding music had this to say: "Music is part of us, and either ennobles or degrades our behavior." Sixth-century Chinese philosopher Shu Ching agreed with Boethuis, saying, “for changing people’s manners and altering their customs there is nothing better than music.”

It is plain to see that these philosophers understood the immense power of music. But it is sad that most people today don't know about these observations made so long ago. It is crucial that we teach our youth about the power of music—especially as it is such a big part of their lives.

If these philosophers are correct, then our music is contributing to many of today's issues in our society. If music can shape our characters and passions—and therefore our morals and values—then these effects will also be noticeable in our relationships, our laws and government, and in our psychological challenges such as depression and anger.

Music, video games, and television all have a profound effect and will continue to shape society.
It is imperative that we wake up to some of the influences that are affecting our society for the worse, and take control of our own personal choices. The effect of music and media on the public is not a secret to music makers and those in the entertainment industry. They have spoken about it themselves. MTV, the most widely watched music channel on television made no bones about the fact that they were aiming at changing the way teenagers think. Consider this line from one of their advertisements: "MTV, aggressively reorganizing your brain." This is why, even in the early years of MTV, they could confidently make this boast: "At MTV, we don't shoot for the 14yr olds, we own them."MTV's founder, Bob Pitman, clearly understood the emotional power of the music-media combination to capture the minds of the teenagers:

"The strongest appeal you can make is emotionally. If you can get their emotions going, make them forget their logic, you've got them."

Famed musician Jimi Hendrix said: "Atmospheres are going to come through music...You can hypnotize people with the music and when you get them at their weakest point, you can preach into the subconscious what you want to say."

It is our own ignorance that permits us to be controlled by the media.

If we expect our society to improve, we must start putting controls on ourselves and on the entertainment industry, if possible, to limit its effect. Otherwise, problems like depression, suicide, and addiction will continue to plague us.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
The music that is being churned out for the consumption of young people today is anything but elevating to the soul and to the intellect. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does lead to depression and suicide. It certainly promotes a general attitude of nihilism. There really is something drastically wrong with the fact that parents today feel they have no right to protect their children from this mental rot. Why, they can't even manage to protect themselves from it.

OP
OP
Fragarach
Threads
The music that is being churned out for the consumption of young people today is anything but elevating to the soul and to the intellect. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does lead to depression and suicide. It certainly promotes a general attitude of nihilism. There really is something drastically wrong with the fact that parents today feel they have no right to protect their children from this mental rot. Why, they can't even manage to protect themselves from it.
Here are some examples of the mass-produced mental poison that is popular these days:

"Live While We're Young" by One Direction
Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy 'til we see the sun
I know we only met but let's pretend it's love
And never, never, never stop for anyone
Tonight let's get some and live while we're young
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh (and live while we're young)
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Tonight let's get some

"E.T." by Katy Perry

I got a dirty mind
I got filthy ways
I'm tryna bathe my ape, (ape),
In your milky way (way)
I'm a legend
I'm irreverent
I be reverend
I'll be so faaaaa-ar up
We don't give a fuuuh-uh-uck
Welcome to the danger zone
Step into the fantasy
You are not invited to the other side of sanity

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Here are some examples of the mass-produced mental poison that is popular these days:

"Live While We're Young" by One Direction
Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy 'til we see the sun
I know we only met but let's pretend it's love
And never, never, never stop for anyone
Tonight let's get some and live while we're young
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh (and live while we're young)
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Tonight let's get some
When One Direction played Croke Park, I saw hundreds of mothers taking their 12 and 13 years old daughters to hear this. I didn't know anything about One Direction at the time, but if that's their message, it's difficult not to see these mothers as bringing their daughters as lambs to a Satanic sacrifice.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
One thing that has contributed to the eclipse of Catholicism in the ROI is the woeful quality at Mass and other Church services of the music.

Singing is something very important to me, when he have family prayers together I always sing- this was actually something considered normal not so long ago.

truthseeker

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Its worse than you think, The satanic Illuminati have been using music to promote their satanic rituals and hidden messages in their attempts to perverse the young and lead them astray.

One of the ways they promote this is by taking young people from nowhere and making them popstars. they must sell their soul to the cayuse and in return they are given the riches of the Earth.

Examples are out there,

Die Young – Kesha

The term “hidden in plain sight” can’t even be applied to Kesha’s “Die Young” music video for the mere fact that nothing is actually hidden. It’s all right there, in your face, slapping it back and forth. The blatancy is so prominent that it’s almost insulting to the viewer. In almost every shot, there is at least one instance of a pentagram, upside down cross, triangle, all-seeing eye, robed dancer, ritualistic montage, you name it, it’s there. Not to mention the alarming lyrics which has youth screaming “we’re gonna die young,” talk about biting the hand that feeds. Because of the insulting nature of the song and offensive music video, Kesha received a lot of backlash in return. Turns out people weren’t as blind as they were thought to be. Kesha later came to her own defense, stating that she understood the backlash about the subject matter and video, and was “forced” to sing the song. I wonder how many hand-slaps she got for coming out with that statement? -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOubzHCUt48

The All seeing ~Eye is a constant reminder and showcased.

http://realitieswatch.com/top-11-most-blatant-illuminati-music-videos-performances/

Threads
Never that gone on Bowie, but I really like him here, he's very pro-Internet and free speech and very philosophical etc which is great...

Threads
Im not a luddite, im just pointing out that the problem is technology first and foremost.

Before the radio, people would play music and sing in their family home. It was a form of entertainment and it was a way of passing down culture/history from parents to their children.
Because they did it privately they would also do it publicly as well like the Sean-nós song - Wikipedia.

Once radio became a part of the family home this practice disappeared. You could listen to all kinds of everything, and its was done professionally. Something very difficult to compete against, and confidence/interest in what you are singing disappears. Then came the tv and now the internet. Who controls the media that is being created and who controls what is shown, decides if what the common culture if any, is being pushed.

If you want to promote a healthy united society it needs have its own common-culture. The core of this was done through things like singing, music and story telling in the past.
If the radio (and tv) is outputting Irish music and stories (everyone listening/watching the same ting) then a common Irish culture is still being supported.
Our media/government no longer outputs a common irish culture, it promotes americanism/globalism/liberalism/miscegenation/mammom etc.. , a mullato mix consumer culture, eg. brazil 2.0
To be fair to technology, the internet does provide a way for people to counter this, but this is a minority case, as the the majority of data on the internet is degenerate shite.

Theres a argument that it doesn't matter what you read as long as everyone reads the same thing. Obviously what we read is important, but the general idea is sound, as given people choice, people will choose different things. If the choices are all degenerate shite then we're fucked without a guiding hand. This guiding hand is the state now (especially since the role of the father has been undermined) and their a bunch of traitorous globalist scum.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Im not a luddite, im just pointing out that the problem is technology first and foremost.

The actual Luddites were not bad people at all, they were defending desperately as best they could themselves and their families from the horrors that were the reality of the urban "Industrial Revolution" in the England of their day. Yeah good things come from the march of technology but also it brings along bad things with it also, for every gain there is a loss, it isn't necessarily good at all. Arguments could be made on several levels that the bad has come very much to out weigh the good.

Threads
The actual Luddites were not bad people at all, they were defending desperately as best they could themselves and their families from the horrors that were the reality of the urban "Industrial Revolution" in the England of their day. Yeah good things come from the march of technology but also it brings along bad things with it also, for every gain there is a loss, it isn't necessarily good at all. Arguments could be made on several levels that the bad has come very much to out weigh the good.
I know the general history, and your correct.
There is a balance, however the greed and consumption of today is fucking off the scale and i dont see any balance coming out of it.

If you have ever lived out of a car, or similar, you'll know how little you actual need, or pine for. You'll be glad your warm :)

Im more interested these days in knowledge re growing food, self sufficiency and similar such things, or if i ever have kids ill be looking to home school them.

Top Bottom