The Coming War in Korea.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
In my opinion.The US have 3 pressing problems on the horizon as we go into 2018. The economic problems seem at least temporarily to be pushed into the back ground.The Stock Market is up 5000 points and money is returning to the US thanks to the tax law and the search for a safe haven for overseas investors to protect their money.What happened in Saudi Arabia being the perfect example of what can happen to a very wealthy individual.
This being the case, the focus now will be on simmering foreign issues of which their are 3 pressing.

The Ukraine.
Recently we have seen a big shift here. The Ukranians have been supplied with high grade offensive weaponry.
Mattis Says New U.S. Weapons For Ukraine Shouldn't Concern Moscow

This conflict and our involvement in it has just about zero public suppprt here and very little public interest either. One of the two donkeys pushing this war for years is thankfully about to be shut up for good in a matter of hours now. We await that news.

Iran.
This is a more pressing problem. They are the last real danger to Israel. Assad has survived but he has been removed as a realistic danger. The last thing on his mind is attacking Israel.So from the Israeli point of view, things have worked out fairly well. Maybe the biggest danger to Israel now is The House of Saud collapsing. That would be a problem. The longer term does not look too rosy for the House. So time is not on their side, therefore it is not on Israel's side, therefore it is not The US 's side either.
Breaking news today is that their are anti government protests in Iran. Similar protests occured for democracy in Obama's term. Obama is a closet homosexual really so he did nothing but Trump will certainly not let a chance to intervene slip by.
But at the moment, Iran is not the priority.

Korea.
This of course is the the number one priority of the US.This is the one that has overwhelming support and Trump could get a war resolution through The House and The Senate with no problem at all.The reason this is so because we have a guy threatening to hit the US with nuclear weapons. Therefore there is not going to be even a debate, as what is their to debate. The public are fully behind neutralizing this threat as soon as possible.

The first step was taken a few days when the US basically got permission to take him out. The US does not need anyone's permission so it is totally cosmetic of course. Trump does not care about the UN or what anyone overseas thinks.

North Korea slams latest U.N. sanctions as 'act of war'

This resolution was unanimous with both Russia and China supporting Trump

Maybe some posters will not agree with removing Kim. This thread will be to discuss events leading up to war.

If you think there is not going to be a war, then do not post on this thread.

This is the War thread.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Poor Youngdan is still waiting for Hillary's arrest. And what sort of OP tells its readers that you can't disagree with it? Dan, you really have lost the plot. There will be no war in Korea. Trump is a cowardly faggot who has achieved nothing and will achieve nothing. The USA is now a rogue state, condemned by all of the UN. The Koreans can relax. Trump and his Indian bitch will do nothing but shoot off their dirty ugly mouths.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
So you start a provocative thread designed to wind people up then slip in a proviso that nobody can disagree with the premise of it, Dan?

Cop on FFS!

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
So you start a provocative thread designed to wind people up then slip in a proviso that nobody can disagree with the premise of it, Dan?

Cop on FFS!
Do you wish to discuss the upcoming war, if yes fine. If not, why are you here.
If you don't think there will be a war, fine, ignore the thread. Ye snowflakes are getting seriously tiresome.

Poor Youngdan is still waiting for Hillary's arrest. And what sort of OP tells its readers that you can't disagree with it? Dan, you really have lost the plot. There will be no war in Korea. Trump is a cowardly faggot who has achieved nothing and will achieve nothing. The USA is now a rogue state, condemned by all of the UN. The Koreans can relax. Trump and his Indian bitch will do nothing but shoot off their dirty ugly mouths.
I agree with you about Trump being a pansy puff in essence and the USA being a rogue state. However I think Dan is correct in essence; I think Trump and others look back at the time of the Cold War with nostalgia as a time when the US was confident of itself, and from that believe probably correctly that attacking Korea and Russia would invoke feelings from that time in the American national psyche.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
South Korea seizes ship that transferred oil to North Korea - CNN

Now hopefully we can observe the buildup to the war without further interruption.

The South Koreans have seized this ship for transferring oil at sea to circumvent earlier sanctions.I would view this really as a warning shot and the ship and it's crew of some chinese will be eventually released. But the point has now been made. These new strict sanctions will be enforced and we are going to see all ships being detained. It will then be up to anybody to do anything about it. I do not see either China or Russia risking war over this. Especially as the US now has the law on it's side.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
I agree with you about Trump being a pansy puff in essence and the USA being a rogue state. However I think Dan is correct in essence; I think Trump and others look back at the time of the Cold War with nostalgia as a time when the US was confident of itself, and from that believe probably correctly that attacking Korea and Russia would invoke feelings from that time in the American national psyche.
The mood here is different than the lead up to other wars. We do not see a long war and there is absolutely zero appetite for an invasion. The expected outcome is either a neat surgical strike that gets Kim, or else a nuclear strike that just eliminates the whole place. That is the thinking of a regular person on the street. We live in the age of tomahawk and drone strikes.But this one will be different, it will pack a serious punch and if they attack South Korea, the entire country will dissappear.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

No doubt that's true a chara, but let's not forget that the Yanks have never done well against the oriental soldier. They had to nuke women and children to beat the Japanese. They were fought to a standstill in Korea, even though they had almost complete air superiority. They were soundly defeated in Vietnam by soldiers who were far less well equipped. A war in Korea would not be a matter of a few surgical strikes. It would be a very brutal and bloody affair that would go on years and crash the world economy - which is already very fragile. Far from bringing back any thoughts of former glory, a war in Korea would just confirm what everyone already knows - the USA is a crumbling empire. Then there's the matter of China. No matter what Trump might think, the Chinese will not be neutral if Korea is attacked. The Communist Party would completely loose face if it stood idly by. I'd go so far as to say that some parts of the Peoples Liberation Army would desert and joined the Korean Resistance.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I see that this bombastic bastard Trump is even threatening China - what a laugh.

In an interview with The New York Times, published Thursday, Trump claimed "oil is going into North Korea" and appeared to blame China, saying if Beijing fails to put pressure on Pyongyang then the United States may take punitive economic actions against Beijing.

"China on trade has ripped off this country more than any other element of the world in history has ripped off anything," Trump said.

"If they don't help us with North Korea, then I do what I've always said I want to do. China can help us much more, and they have to help us much more."

He added: "China's hurting us very badly on trade, but I have been soft on China because the only thing more important to me than trade is war."

South Korea seizes ship that transferred oil to North Korea - CNN

No doubt that's true a chara, but let's not forget that the Yanks have never done well against the oriental soldier. They had to nuke women and children to beat Japanese. They were fought to a standstill in Korea, even though they had almost complete air superiority. They were soundly defeated in Vietnam by soldiers who were far less well equipped. A war in Korea would not be a matter of a few surgical strikes. It would be a very brutal and bloody affair that would go on years and crash the world economy - which is already very fragile. Far from bringing back any thoughts of former glory, a war in Korea would just confirm what everyone already knows - the USA is a crumbling empire. Then there's the matter of China. No matter what Trump might think, the Chinese will not be neutral if Korea is attacked. The Communist Party would completely loose face if it stood idly by. I'd go so far as to say that some parts of the Peoples Liberation Army would desert and joined the Korean Resistance.
The thing is though for most of the time I have been alive the Ruling Elite of the United States have behaved not just imprudently but counter-intuitively. Yes I agree with your analysis of the very probable effects of a United States attack on the Korean people but I think they are crazy enough to go ahead arrogantly with a war no doubt believing that the people of the DPRK will welcome them as heroic liberators.

The thread is very garbled. Is it about "North Korea", Ukraine or Iran? And why has it been set up as an echo-chamber?

There's gonna be no "hot war" in NK. Talking heads and various patriotards -- most of whom will think crossing state lines is an "international trip" -- have been yearning for mass homicide in Korea but that hick hysteria doesn't make it a significant prospect. Trump has proceeded as I projected, lots of blunderbuss bluster to soothe the patriotards but nothing else bar clippin' NK around the edges and passive aggressively tryin' to hurt China's feelings.

With his Jerusalem spasm, Trump has singlehandedly injured his own anti-Iranian strategy, lol, by making his erstwhile Arab satellites wary of him and more sympathetic towards Russia. Trump lecturing Iran on protests is hilarious given his own problems.

There's been some upsurge in American support for the Kiev terrorists but to be quite honest this is only going to further alienate the Europeans whilst achieving little else.

Trump's foreign policy has been dazed, incoherent and marked by spasms of rage -- which is fine by me as all of America's adversaries have reaped a windfall and all this will further accelerate America's retreat from her global empire.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
The thing is though for most of the time I have been alive the Ruling Elite of the United States have behaved not just imprudently but counter-intuitively. Yes I agree with your analysis of the very probable effects of a United States attack on the Korean people but I think they are crazy enough to go ahead arrogantly with a war no doubt believing that the people of the DPRK will welcome them as heroic liberators.

I don't think anyone in the CIA or military intelligence is dumb enough to think that, but as we saw with Libya, the politicians are dumb enough to ignore the advice they are getting from intelligence. It seems Hillary and Obama were told what would happen if they attacked Libya, but Hillary wanted a war to boost her election chances. But the fact is that Libya was a very divided country at the best of time, so was Iraq and indeed Syria. The DPRK is not at all divided. There is zero organised opposition. No terrorist contras to arm and fund. For that reason, I don't believe the cowardly Septics will dare to attack.