Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The chance of another recession in Ireland are 100%

• Thread starter Deleted member 2694
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 2K

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
Yeah but no but...the only reason the UK is in recession is cause Brexit, Italy Salvini turning back the refugees and Germany cause its all part of the normal economic cycle, natural, to be expected and healthy in the long run. And if the German banks get in trouble we should show solidarity with our Overlords, I mean partners

Notachipanoaktree

PI Member
No problems . Import another 2 million or so Nigerian n Syrians, they have plenty more. Angela n the EU'll throw us a few bob. Sure we can give the P&CS a 25% raise. We'll be grand. As long as the political classes are all ensconced in their fully catered bunkers in Monaco n Strasbourg sure there's nothing else to worry about. Don't go taking us into a fuck-up now Bertie me ol' mucker.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Yeah but no but...the only reason the UK is in recession is cause Brexit, Italy Salvini turning back the refugees and Germany cause its all part of the normal economic cycle, natural, to be expected and healthy in the long run. And if the German banks get in trouble we should show solidarity with our Overlords, I mean partners
so many flaws in this where to start... uk isn't in recession ireland or the eu won't be able to bail out this. the fed might! The Elephant In The Room: Deutsche Bank's $75 Trillion In Derivatives Is 20 Times Greater Than German GDP

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member

Jim

PI Member
The head of the national treasury management agency has guaranteed Ireland an upcoming recession. He talks of people preparing by having enough cash for up to 18 months, and that the nomination of Christine Le Garde as chief of central bank a poisitive thing for Ireland. FG says we are fried if there is hard Brexit in October. He never confirmed the date this recession will begin, just that its guaranteed to happen! 'The chances of a recession in Ireland are 100%', says NTMA

He claims a recession is certain , and so could the guy down the local chippie , but both have not a clue when . One earns pennies, and the other is paid over a hundred thousand . The guy in the chippie if forced to commit to a time frame, guess would be as good as parasites in the Central Banks who earns a fortune.

valamhic

PI Member
so many flaws in this where to start... uk isn't in recession ireland or the eu won't be able to bail out this. the fed might! The Elephant In The Room: Deutsche Bank's $75 Trillion In Derivatives Is 20 Times Greater Than German GDP
I have assessed it at 49 trillion Euros. or 54 trillion dollars.. I would say 60% of it is probably OK because its normal stuff and the counter-parties are sound enough. It like underwriting household insurance, all homes will not suddenly go on fire. I fear the rest, about 20 trillion Euros if fake green nonsense. In particular green energy crap. All of this is loss making and the bankers think its the future. I reckon you can count on Deutcshe Bank default of 20 trillion which is still a lot of money.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
I have assessed it at 49 trillion Euros. or 54 trillion dollars.. I would say 60% of it is probably OK because its normal stuff and the counter-parties are sound enough. It like underwriting household insurance, all homes will not suddenly go on fire. I fear the rest, about 20 trillion Euros if fake green nonsense. In particular green energy crap. All of this is loss making and the bankers think its the future. I reckon you can count on Deutcshe Bank default of 20 trillion which is still a lot of money.

valamhic

PI Member
Its only worth the value it represents. Deutcshe Bank does not owe 49 trillion, it hold derivatives to that amount. I suspect a lot of these are green energy fake progress.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Its only worth the value it represents. Deutcshe Bank does not owe 49 trillion, it hold derivatives to that amount. I suspect a lot of these are green energy fake progress.
for others. derivatives represent counter party risk that is destabilising to the whole banking industry. anyway it's a huge mess...

bells of shandon

PI Member
The first signs of a recession are indicated by a slowdown in the retail sector. People cut back because of a lack of spending money. First to go are all the little self indulgences, So yes, the Chap in the Chippie can tell immediately the signs of a recession, when his weekly takings take a dive.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
The first signs of a recession are indicated by a slowdown in the retail sector. People cut back because of a lack of spending money. First to go are all the little self indulgences, So yes, the Chap in the Chippie can tell immediately the signs of a recession, when his weekly takings take a dive.
true peoples attitudes are quick to change. like a tap turning on and off!

Top Bottom