The birth of a German-Franco Superpower?

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
PI Member
Threads
France and Germany ‘plot to merge borders, economies and defence policies in latest step towards EU superstate’
The unprecedented 'twinning' pact comes just two months before the UK is due to leave Europe

FRANCE and Germany plotting to merge borders, economies and defence policies in the latest step towards an EU superstate.
The neighbouring countries are to forge together policies in areas including terrorism and transport in an unprecedented "twinning" pact just two months before the UK is due to leave Europe.
France and Germany ‘plot to merge borders, economies and defence policies in latest step towards EU superstate’
France & Germany are deepening ties, signing a new treaty at Aachen later this month.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...fraying-europe

Paris and Berlin herald new era of integration
Two nations to share defence, foreign and economic policies
Paris and Berlin herald new era of integration

It beggars belief. It seems the France & Germany are looking to destroy the EU themselves. Call me a cynic, but I see no benefit to them doing this other than dominating mainland Europe. smaller states like Ireland will be swallowed up or forced to do like the big two demand. Its as if Germany and France are delighted that the Brits are leaving, it allows the two remaining big boys to act like playground bullies.

missy

PI Member
Threads
The EU is incredibly weak.
Such public spectacles are there merely to proclaim to all that it's 'business as usual'.

Meanwhile, French streets are on fire, German opposition politicians are getting attacked and the rise of the right continues unabated.

It's the equivalent of the football 'board have full confidence in the manager' announcement.
They must be terrified !

Top Bottom