Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Blog The Antifa thread

There are a lot of posts on the site about Antifa, their funding, structure, membership, behaviour and activities.

I thought a thread specifically dedicated to Antifa might be useful as a catch all for this stuff
so if anyone asks you about them you could direct them to this thread.

Please post any research, links and articles about Antifa or news about their activities here
with particular emphasis on their Irish incarnation of course!

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
I used to know some of the ones in Irish Antifa. They're just middle class students. Completely harmless. Republicans go to some of their demos for want of anything better to do, but Republicans don't take them seriously. Antifa in other countries like Germany and the USA seem to be a more serious proposition though. I suppose that's because the type who join Republican groups in Ireland join Antifa in other countries.

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
I used to know some of the ones in Irish Antifa. They're just middle class students. Completely harmless. Republicans go to some of their demos for want of anything better to do, but Republicans don't take them seriously. Antifa in other countries like Germany and the USA seem to be a more serious proposition though. I suppose that's because the type who join Republican groups in Ireland join Antifa in other countries.

Paedo Pat Corcoran was a prominent member and organiser for Antifa in Ireland. He was NOT harmless.

etc

He single handedly damaged the credibility of several left wing organisations (including indymedia which he single handedly destroyed) by association and by his actions as a provocateur working with the gardai for several years in order to get his sentence commuted to probation (which he did). He was also a prominent organiser for HOPI, an organisation which I suspect was run by the US with the intention of politically undermining Iran. Nasty sly piece of shit. He's back working with Antifa again in Ireland as far as I know.

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
Paedo PatC was a prominent member and organiser for Antifa in Ireland. He was NOT harmless.

He single handedly damaged the credibility of several left wing organisations by association and by his actions as a provocateur working with the gardai for several years in order to get his sentence commuted to probation (which he did). He was also a prominent organiser for HOPI, an organisation which I suspect was run by the US with the intention of politically undermining Iran. Nasty sly piece of shit.
He's back working with Antifa again in Ireland as far as I know.

Yes, you'll always get infiltrators like that in any group. But Antifa Ireland is a non-entity. Their demos would be a complete non-entity if a few Republicans didn't show up. Right wingers here try to boost Antifa up - they even pronounce Antifa in the American way - because they want to feel that somebody - anybody - is paying attention to them. In reality, the Irish right and Antifa are both totally irrelevant micro-groups.

Catalpa

PI Member

I used to know some of the ones in Irish Antifa. They're just middle class students. Completely harmless

They are NOT completely harmless - they are F.cuking Thugs!

I have been attacked by them [luckily they missed] - any 'harmless' types will have long since vamooshed

Now they are in cahoots with the compromised outfit 'Saoradh' [SIC] & I see they seem to have roped in some of OSF too.

Stop defending these idiots mate!

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
I used to know some of the ones in Irish Antifa. They're just middle class students. Completely harmless

I have been attacked by them [luckily they missed] - any 'harmless' types will have long since vamooshed

Now they are in cahoots with the compromised outfit 'Saoradh' [SIC] & I see they seem to have roped in some of OSF too.

I'm not defending them. Just saying they're harmless. A non-entity. Even children might throw something at you.

IrishJohn

PI Member

AFA scumbags have attacked women and children.

If the "far right" ever did that we would never hear the end of the story.

DP Moran

PI Member
Antifa and those other splinter Trots and anarchists exposed themselves when they joined with the Western Imperialists in siding with the Libyan terrorists and YPG in Syria. Before that the wider left and mainstream Irish opinion was united against the Iraq war and the US militarisation of Shannon airport but I remember that slew of anti-Gaddafi articles, invented atrocities and reports from so called doctors on the ground appearing in leftist media. Even when it was clear post coup Iraq and Libya were failures they still cheerlead for regime change in Syria.

Last edited:

El Chaval.

PI Member

They doxed me a few weeks ago. Online threats. Slurs against my wife and kids.
My name and location put out.
Calls to my boss.
They are the vilest of people.

Catalpa

PI Member
Calls to my boss.

That is terrible - they are a bunch of Scumbags for sure!(n)

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
Calls to my boss.

Irish Antifa did that?

Top Bottom