Hot The "$1.5 Quadrillion worth of Toxic Derivatives- bang! Yippee!! Welcome to Mad Max!" Thread

OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

DEPORTED

valamhic

PI Member
On the face of it, the whole thing will come crashing down next year. I am only semi literate on global finance, but I investigated the renewable
energy scam and found something very odd. In the Irish Republic wind companies are loosing 222 million a a year but they are still building them. There is glut of money being thrown at them.

On the derivative side, they took down the Quinn empire, contracts for difference that is.

I had lunch with a German friend in the know recently and put the Deusche Bank derivative crisis to her. She said it is too big to fail, it will not be let fail under any circumstances, that is already the policy of the German Government and the EU. I don't know any more than that. I would have thought such a crisis could not be bailed out but apparently it can be.

Then there is the negative interest situation, I never saw the like in my life time. There was a report in a newspaper that the money put on
deposit by the Irish government (Apple tax) is loosing 70 million a year.

Sorry for the long post, but the reason I cannot predict things is because there is no precedent to guide us. This is an enjoyable thread to read.

valamhic

PI Member
When you see the states with 20 Trillion in debt you just know time is running out.
One thing which is certainly the case is that no government has anything saved for pensions in the future. Some private funds are invested
in government bonds which means their pensioners will be dependent of governments to redeem the bonds to pay future pensions. Every pool
of money I can find is tied up in government finances. Interest rates are negative so no joy there. Some say equity is great but I could never
make much on them. Moreover every government is trying its best to prevent the use of fossil fuel so that industry is being driven to India and China. So there is no manufacturing economy. I suspect the world is actually currently in recession, but governments have found a way to
postpone the evil day. I hope the worst does not happen as it will be hardship, but in another way it might end the green blob and usher in populist politicians in Ireland. I say that guardedly, the voters round here are still wedded to FG and FF.

I suspect the present government knows the situations dire, they are scrapping anything which will make them liable for more spending.

House refit grant is gone and there was a mean budget, they have to borrow to fund the health service until dear end.

valamhic

PI Member
That link is limited to the heading, I found this one which gives the full report. I must say, it makes frightening reading.

It confirms the result of my investigation into renewable energy. They are just throwing everything at it which can never be paid back. If that is
the case everywhere (it appears to be), there will be a bad end to it all.

valamhic

PI Member
If I was betting on it I would bet the world economy will not collapse. I do see a massive shift in economic activity to the USA