Thailand clubs it's pigs to death

Karloff

PI Member
And i don't mean this....

There are no rules in this country of Thailand regarding humane killing of animals in slaughterhouses so they just beat them to death with clubs. Thailand by the way, is a country with a huge Buddhist influence which they take pride in, Buddha as we know preached Ahimsa or non violence and respect for other living creatures.

What is it about Eastern Asians and animal rights? Why don't they get it? Even their Buddhists are brutal. Is it the stuff they are made from? It's hard to say 'culture' or 'ignorance' as excuses in this day and age.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
What is it about Eastern Asians and animal rights? Why don't they get it? Even their Buddhists are brutal. Is it the stuff they are made from? It's hard to say 'culture' or 'ignorance' as excuses in this day and age.
Buddhism as such as been a source of some trouble in my life at the moment so I am in a particularly hostile mood against it however why do you write "even their Buddhists"? Buddhism breeds cold and callous societies.

Reactions: Ted

Karloff

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Buddhism as such as been a source of some trouble in my life at the moment so I am in a particularly hostile mood against it however why do you write "even their Buddhists"? Buddhism breeds cold and callous societies.
Perhaps it's the difference between Buddhist and Buddha, Buddha placed respect for other living things very highly in his hierarchy of teachings. But i suppose Christian and Christ are as different.

I wouldn't visit such a country as Thailand after reading this. Perhaps the Muslims are right about pork, we do seem to treat these creatures (who possess some intelligence and are social animals) terribly - even their name is an insult and a curse.

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
Perhaps it's the difference between Buddhist and Buddha, Buddha placed respect for other living things very highly in his hierarchy of teachings. But i suppose Christian and Christ are as different.

I wouldn't visit such a country as Thailand after reading this. Perhaps the Muslims are right about pork, we do seem to treat these creatures (who possess some intelligence and are social animals) terribly - even their name is an insult and a curse.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member

So is 'cow' in fairness, and we know how moslems get their kicks slashing open their necks. No difference really, both unnecessarily brutal, and likely done to satisfy their depravity.

Ted

PI Member
And i don't mean this....

There are no rules in this country of Thailand regarding humane killing of animals in slaughterhouses so they just beat them to death with clubs. Thailand by the way, is a country with a huge Buddhist influence which they take pride in, Buddha as we know preached Ahimsa or non violence and respect for other living creatures.

Don't believe all that Hollywood crap about Buddhism. It's a religion that is designer made for those who want to not care, while trying to feel good about it.

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
have you been to a Buddhist country?

The Thais have no problem whoring out their young woman to foreigners so battering pigs is not much of a stretch.

Ted

PI Member
its what vietnam and china do to dogs that is very disturbing!
I can watch almost anything, but I had to switch off TG4's documentary on China's treatment of cats and dogs. TG4 never repeated it.
Savages! You wouldn't do it to a maggot.

Myles O'Reilly

Top Bloke
Donator
PI Member
Erm….

Top Bottom