Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Television shows that touched your heart

Truthisfree

PI Member
The theme of threads is that your modern society is connected by threads

In an urban society, everything connects. Each person's needs are fed by the skills of many others. Our lives are woven together in a fabric. But the connections that make society strong also make it vulnerable.

Its far worse nowdays since the telecommunications revoltion

Just how hardened is your electronic infrastructure to things like a solar flare and waht happens when it all shuts down.
overnight
Or an E-bomb, If we were to lose everything electronic we would be back to the 1960s without the musicians :(

Roots had a deep effect on me and everyone else who watched it at the time it came out. Now that I know most of it was a Hollywood Phy- op designed to guilt Whitey, I watch it for lols now

Last edited:

valamhic

PI Member
I think I was politicised at the age of 9 watching Robert Kee's History of Ireland.
I remember feeling rage inside and being aware of my Nationalist identity.
I remember that programme, I thought it was well produced and presented. I actually thought the British were the bad guys until I witnessed FF. FG. SF and Labour. I now realize the British were just trying to save us from communism

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
The melancholy of the BBC's The Detectorists has made watching its three series a complete joy. Transitions from the scenes of Saxon England to the modern are wonderfully done. Gentle wry humour and all backed up with a neo folk soundtrack makes me momentarily suspend my hatred of the BBC. Series 2 is currently repeating on iplayer

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Does it have to be a TV series? If not..

The Bridge

I'll just leave the trailer (full film is available on YouTube)
By the way when I first encountered roc_/Rukh over on P.ie he was big into the whole Counter-Jihad, in fact he used to promote a particularly dodgy and hysterical documentary I cannot at the moment remember but the title will come to me sooner or later. His whole toning that down I don't think was down to a change of heart because when you push him in the right he will still post nutty Counter-Jihad stuff but rather I strongly suspect that a strong animus against Islam and Muslims could easily flow over into a strong animus against Jews as well, which in some ways is rational enough on the face of it, however in reality I see little possibility of the former leading to the latter in contemporary Europe. Outside of maybe France that is.

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
By the way when I first encountered roc_/Rukh over on P.ie he was big into the whole Counter-Jihad, in fact he used to promote a particularly dodgy and hysterical documentary I cannot at the moment remember but the title will come to me sooner or later. His whole toning that down I don't think was down to a change of heart because when you push him in the right he will still post nutty Counter-Jihad stuff but rather I strongly suspect that a strong animus against Islam and Muslims could easily flow over into a strong animus against Jews as well, which in some ways is rational enough on the face of it, however in reality I see little possibility of the former leading to the latter in contemporary Europe. Outside of maybe France that is.

valamhic

PI Member
I used to love top of the tops when Jimmy Savile was presenting it, no one knew he was at the kids.

Top Bottom