Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Tales of the Holocaust

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
Actually. listening to Solzhenitsyn, it's remarkable how much a Soviet Marxist man he was.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Actually. listening to Solzhenitsyn, it's remarkable how much a Soviet Marxist man he was.

I don't know about that at all, but he was a Paymat type hard line Russian nationalist and they are incredibly different creatures to Western Liberals and Libertarians which is why I find Jordan Peterson's claim to be a disciple of Solzhenitsyn just too much.

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
I don't know about that at all, but he was a Paymat type hard line Russian nationalist and they are incredibly different creatures to Western Liberals and Libertarians which is why I find Jordan Peterson's claim to be a disciple of Solzhenitsyn just too much.

I'm sure he wasn't a Marxist really - but he certainly picked up a lot of the Soviet-Speak and certain Soviet attitudes.

TheWexfordInn

PI Member
Video response made by a Pole to the claims about Poles somehow bearing some responsible for the Death Camps.

He points out that a fraction of one percent of Poles collaborated with the Germans. Poland had a bigger resistance movement against the Germans than any other country. A higher proportion of the population of Poland was killed in the war than any other country. Hundreds of thousands of Poles worked to save Jews ignoring the German law that all the people in any house sheltering Jews be killed, more Poles are honoured by Israel as "Righteous among the Nations" (those who risked their life to save Jews) than from any other country. etc etc etc

Top Bottom