Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Tadhg's Market Tips

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Today looks like a risk on day (guess the funny money is having an effect), so I've gone long EURCHF. Let's see if it can make 1.07.

Last edited:

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Premium
I know fuck all about blah or this speculation shite, i despise it to my core, making money off other peoples sweat, but if it's actual gold you have paid for and is in your hands, it's worth having where you understand it's for putting away for years in a hole in the ground like any real hard asset

This speculation shite around paper gold, good luck, could not give a fuck, it's gambling where many people will end up poorer because you happened to strike rich. Having said that if I struck rich I would be pumping my wealth back into doing something useful for my nation and my people, so if you trying to play them at their own game and that's your goal, go ahead, hopefully something comes out of this faggotry that is of use.
I agree with your view about speculation

However we are living in extraordinary times. And part of those extraordinary times is the search for yield.

Yield is the return made on an investment. In these extraordinary times, yield appears to be far more difficult to generate than previously. If some type of investment is generating a yield, the stampede to invest in that commodity/share takes hold.

In the "good old days" there were far more investment types which offered a steady and sure yield. These days there are far fewer ones.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
It'd be interesting to know what % of the S&P etc. were sold over the last month. I'd say all of this price action is really being driven by a tiny percentage of the total market. Price is actually quite a poor indicator of what's really going on.

I agree with your view about speculation

However we are living in extraordinary times. And part of those extraordinary times is the search for yield.

Yield is the return made on an investment. In these extraordinary times, yield appears to be far more difficult to generate than previously. If some type of investment is generating a yield, the stampede to invest in that commodity/share takes hold.

In the "good old days" there were far more investment types which offered a steady and sure yield. These days there are far fewer ones.
I can see inflation going up hard, or they will be replacing the consumer price index basket of goods with dog food to try fool us for a while, with the way they are looking to print their way put of this, further destroying peoples savings.

Top Bottom