Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Tadhg's Market Tips

YoungDan

PI Member
Why would you need his tips, he probably jumped off a bridge because he thought gold was going to crash to 800 dollars.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Where is Tadhgs tips here? we need them. @Tadhg Gaelach

I hear the US job numbers are out thursday.

What platform are you using to short/long?

The last tip I put up was I bought gold at 1468 with a target of 1700. That's working out really well for me so far. The only other idea I have is to buy the Dow whenever it gets above 21500. Not a big position though, as it will probably take a few attempts to get in. I'd like to see the Dow retesting the low first though. The Dax is attractive too as a long term trade - it's going to take the German economy a long time to get over this. I'm just using MT4 with FXPro.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Why would you need his tips, he probably jumped off a bridge because he thought gold was going to crash to 800 dollars.

See post #493. Overall though, I do see gold going much lower - as soon as the hysteria is over (or people just get bored with it).

I know fuck all about blah or this speculation shite, i despise it to my core, making money off other peoples sweat, but if it's actual gold you have paid for and is in your hands, it's worth having where you understand it's for putting away for years in a hole in the ground like any real hard asset

This speculation shite around paper gold, good luck, could not give a fuck, it's gambling where many people will end up poorer because you happened to strike rich. Having said that if I struck rich I would be pumping my wealth back into doing something useful for my nation and my people, so if you trying to play them at their own game and that's your goal, go ahead, hopefully something comes out of this faggotry that is of use.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
I know fuck all about blah or this speculation shite, i despise it to my core, making money off other peoples sweat, but if it's actual gold you have paid for and is in your hands, it's worth having where you understand it's for putting away for years in a hole in the ground like any real hard asset

This speculation shite around paper gold, good luck, could not give a fuck, it's gambling where many people will end up poorer because you happened to strike rich. Having said that if I struck rich I would be pumping my wealth back into doing something useful for my nation and my people, so if you trying to play them at their own game and that's your goal, go ahead, hopefully something comes out of this faggotry that is of use.

I agree with you. Speculation is a dreadful way to run an economy. But, unfortunately this is what we have at the moment. The best we can do is use it as you suggest for patriotic purposes.

YoungDan

PI Member
That actually is not a disadvantage when it comes to trying to decide whether to buy or sell a stock.
What I mean by this is, a stock is trading at whatever price, all the publicly available information is studied and digested endlessly by countless expert/idiots. It price reflects the resulting conclusions and exactly think it is going higher and half think it is going lower. So it is a waste thinking you will outsmart or out research them. So Act, if it goes your way you can gradually add to it, if it goes against you, then do not increase your stake.

This sounds so obvious and simple, and it is, except for one thing, it goes against human nature.

Subconsciously, very few wish to admit they are wrong, instead they will convince themselves that the others are wrong and getting WRONGER. So as the stock price falls it will appear a bigger bargain and they can't help themselves and they will buy more.

A FATAL investing mistake, happened to myself .

The exception would be anything that can't go to zero, like gold or silver. Every now and then they are driven down and you should buy, especially a big drop like we saw here a week ago, it means some big guy was forced to sell for whatever reason

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
What I mean by this is, a stock is trading at whatever price, all the publicly available information is studied and digested endlessly by countless expert/idiots. It price reflects the resulting conclusions and exactly think it is going higher and half think it is going lower. So it is a waste thinking you will outsmart or out research them. So Act, if it goes your way you can gradually add to it, if it goes against you, then do not increase your stake.

This sounds so obvious and simple, and it is, except for one thing, it goes against human nature.

Subconsciously, very few wish to admit they are wrong, instead they will convince themselves that the others are wrong and getting WRONGER. So as the stock price falls it will appear a bigger bargain and they can't help themselves and they will buy more.

A FATAL investing mistake, happened to myself .

The exception would be anything that can't go to zero, like gold or silver. Every now and then they are driven down and you should buy, especially a big drop like we saw here a week ago, it means some big guy was forced to sell for whatever reason

Indeed, Cold War nonsense like CAPM and Efficient Market Hypothesis are now totally discredited. Asset prices are mostly set by state policy and the emotional reactions of the herd to those state policies. Obviously, if the state allows massive tax avoidance, lets it be known that shareholders and bondholders will always be bailed out by the state no matter how badly corporate executives behave, pumps printed money into the equities and bonds markets, and allows corporations to use that printed money to buy back their own shares - then the herd will go on a wild rampage buying anything in sight, no matter how high the price. Why wouldn't they?

Top Bottom