• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tadhg's Country Music Classics

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Show some dignity, Dan, even if you have none of your own. I was wishing Tadhg well wherever he is..
He is one of my favorite posters. You have got to recognize when people are having a bit of mirth on fora such as this. I believe Irish people call it "having the craic"

I assume his absence is him taking a break or his internet shut off, or his computer broken or whatever. Maybe he got a job.
I visualize him to be in his 20s so I am not worried too much about him. Sometimes lads just take a time out, especially passionate people like him.

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account
Show some dignity, Dan, even if you have none of your own. I was wishing Tadhg well wherever he is..
You're not a bad character but you misread things- especially when people are just joking & then you unload at them incongruously.

Dan & Tadhg are mates (as posters go).

They mainly agree but sometimes disagree.

Tadhg is back on Monday- he stated that on 1 of my Threads & possibly other Threads.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
He is one of my favorite posters. You have got to recognize when people are having a bit of mirth on fora such as this. I believe Irish people call it "having the craic"

I assume his absence is him taking a break or his internet shut off, or his computer broken or whatever. Maybe he got a job.
I visualize him to be in his 20s so I am not worried too much about him. Sometimes lads just take a time out, especially passionate people like him.
I do recognise humour, it's my favourite medium for communication. But your post was no different to your countless posts in the NK thread, so why would I think you were, all of a sudden, joking? Ironically, it sounds funny/funnier in the NK thread, but threads like these have a certain level of sanctity and refuge.

There's also the fact that your post just wasn't very funny, so maybe that's something you could work on?

Last edited:

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account
Stop diverting Threads unloading at Posters joking please.

kalipa44

Donator
Premium Account
Some sad news tonight

Breaking: Country Music Star Troy Gentry, 50, Tragically Dies In Helicopter Crash

Troy Gentry, half of the popular group Montgomery Gentry that mixed country music with Southern rock to explore themes of rural life, passed away at the age of 50 in a helicopter crash on September 8, 2017.
The band’s website posted the following statement:
It is with great sadness that we confirm that Troy Gentry, half of the popular country duo Montgomery Gentry, was tragically killed in a helicopter crash which took place at approximately 1:00pm today in Medford, New Jersey. The duo was scheduled to perform tonight at the Flying W Airport & Resort in Medford. Troy Gentry was 50 years old.
Details of the crash are unknown.
Troy Gentry’s family wishes to acknowledge all of the kind thoughts and prayers, and asks for privacy at this time.
Troy Lee Gentry was born April 5, 1967, in Lexington, Kentucky. Troy, Eddie Montgomery, and Eddie’s brother John Michael Montgomery started their first band, Early Tymz, in 1990. Troy briefly tried a solo career, though he eventually reunited with Eddie to form Montgomery Gentry. They signed with Columbia Records in 1999.
Under the new name, the duo released six studio albums with 20 chart singles. Their #1 hits include “Something to Be Proud Of,” “If You Ever Stop Loving Me,” and “Lucky Man.”
Their song “Gone” became the most-played country song by a duo in 2005. Additionally, three of their albums have gone platinum.
In 2009, Montgomery Gentry received the prestigious honor of being inducted into the Grand Ole Opry.
Troy is survived by his wife, Angie, and two daughters."

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
Tadge has gone on hunger strike in support of Kim Fat Fuck. He will not return until Trump is gone or until Fat Boy is 500 lbs, whichever comes sooner.
I hope that is the case. I was wondering if it had summat to do with the disagreement I had with him.

He was planning on visiting north Korea at some point this year. They've no internet there so maybe that's where he is.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Impossible, They have ultra high speed internet there. He will just say he was taking a break, and working on a big project or something. Then he will post some pictures as if it is live from the gulag.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
The chap might have just gone to Spain or Portugal for a week for a bit of sun, like many do at this time of year.

Then again I'd say N Korea or Cuba would be more Tadhg's cup of tea :smiley:

kalipa44

Donator
Premium Account
Another country legend passes away

"Don Williams, the Country Music Hall of Fame member whose imposing height and warm, reassuring voice earned him the nickname "Gentle Giant," died Friday, September 8th after a short illness. An internationally popular country star, Williams recorded dozens of hit songs, including "Tulsa Time," "Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good" and "It Must Be Love." He was 78."

Don Williams, Country's 'Gentle Giant,' Dead at 78