• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Suspected Hibernophobes ? or people who are Gaelophobic ? Anti-Kelticic, taking Mick-Fright

You often hear people being accused of being islamophobic or antisemitic. Words that appear to have been 'made-up'. So lets make up another word, and return the compliment (return the insult ). And question whether the actions and behaviour of some people have put them under scrutiny. For the label of being prejudiced against irish people. So speculate with an opinion.

Raise the question. Who may be Hibernophobic. Justify your answers with links or data.

Anybody famous. Living or dead.

Some candidates :

Lord Trevelyan & Oliver Cromwell , obviously.

Nick Griffin, BNP and all that.

John Cleese, the lazy ignorant irish builder on Fawlty towers, and recent comments about the irish language.

Half the DUP......... although it may be less of the fear and more of the loathing.

The Daniel Day Lewis character in 'Gangs of New York'. A top hat & a glass eye.

The various UK football terraces that still chant 'f...ck the Pope and IRA''

do not restrict the discussion to people based outside the 26 counties. We have many homegrown types, holders of irish passports who speak with an irish accent and yet the seem to have less of the 'Tir-grá' and more of the old hatred for the old sod. Justify your opinions. Any opinions on Geldof ? Bono ? Alan Shatter ?

any more ?

Edit : Anti-Kelticic or Anti-Celticic, with a soft c ? is the FIFA referee who allowed Theirry Henry to cheat France into the World cup. Not an antiSemite but maybe an Anti-Celtite ?

Last edited:

DrPat2

PI Member
How about our home rule lot who hate the concept of anything native?

The Hibernophobes among the 'natives' are

i. Deefers (D4 types) or wannabe Deefers who look east to our 'sisterly' island as the paradigm of culture, poo pooing anything different. After all, Dublin was known as the 2nd city of the Empire at one stage

ii. Some of those sucking off the EU teat who look to Brussels and Berlin for their cues

iii. some of those too busy trying to pretend that they are Silicon 'dockers', having more in common with globalist tekkies than their own people

iv. some of them are professional NGO types earning salaries in return for promoting 'no borders'

I suspect Pravda and our universities harbour quite a few as well.

Last edited:
OP
F
i will add the opinion that 'connected' individuals, who buy dead Hotels in small villages and turn them into Direct Provision Centres, are less hateful of the irish. But they are loving of spondoolics.

but your own opinion may differ on this ?

Karloff

PI Member
please justify the opinions and ask the relevant questions ?

i will opine that her handling of some discussions on the telly have been shocking.
It's my impression listening to her radio soliloquy. Her extreme pro migrant position, her love in with FFG, her venom for northern nationalists, her sympathy for unionism, always guaranteed to defend the status quo and on and on. Like all abusers of the monologue she loves to throw the word 'we' around a lot.

Karloff

PI Member
I wouldn't include John Cleese on the list, he seems to be merely ignorant.

OP
F
Margaret Thatcher was furious when Ronald Reagan put pressure on her for the Anglo-Irish agreement. Reagan was under pressure from the irish-american voters in the US. And of course he had roots in Ballyporeen himself.

It was not just the power of the Unionist MP's in the Commons that motivated her. She was a hardcore Methodist herself. From a fairly modest background in Grantham. True blue.

It is reported that Thatcher was dragged kicking and screaming to the negotiation table. She hated having to look the irish in the eye. Certainly the Good Friday Agreement would never have happened under the tenure of that AntiCeltite.

IRELAND UNITED

PI Member
How about our home rule lot who hate the concept of anything native?

The Hibernophobes among the 'natives' are

i. Deefers (D4 types) or wannabe Deefers who look east to our 'sisterly' island as the paradigm of culture, poo pooing anything different. After all, Dublin was known as the 2nd city of the Empire at one stage

ii. Some of those sucking off the EU teat who look to Brussels and Berlin for their cues

iii. some of those too busy trying to pretend that they are Silicon 'dockers', having more in common with globalist tekkies than their own people

iv. some of them are professional NGO types earning salaries in return for promoting 'no borders'

I suspect Pravda and our universities harbour quite a few as well.
It's worth remembering that Dublin was the worst slum in Europe in the first quarter of the twentieth century. it's a real shame when Irish people put themselves down.When others do it,its not usually malicious and best laughed off.Luckily we have Father Ted as an accurate docu drama of Irish life in the olden days.😊😈

IRELAND UNITED

PI Member
You often hear people being accused of being islamophobic or antisemitic. Words that appear to have been 'made-up'. So lets make up another word, and return the compliment (return the insult ). And question whether the actions and behaviour of some people have put them under scrutiny. For the label of being prejudiced against irish people. So speculate with an opinion.

Raise the question. Who may be Hibernophobic. Justify your answers with links or data.

Anybody famous. Living or dead.

Some candidates :

Lord Trevelyan & Oliver Cromwell , obviously.

Nick Griffin, BNP and all that.

John Cleese, the lazy ignorant irish builder on Fawlty towers, and recent comments about the irish language.

Half the DUP......... although it may be less of the fear and more of the loathing.

The Daniel Day Lewis character in 'Gangs of New York'. A top hat & a glass eye.

The various UK football terraces that still chant 'f...ck the Pope and IRA''

do not restrict the discussion to people based outside the 26 counties. We have many homegrown types, holders of irish passports who speak with an irish accent and yet the seem to have less of the 'Tir-grá' and more of the old hatred for the old sod. Justify your opinions. Any opinions on Geldof ? Bono ? Alan Shatter ?

any more ?

Edit : Anti-Kelticic or Anti-Celticic, with a soft c ? is the FIFA referee who allowed Theirry Henry to cheat France into the World cup. Not an antiSemite but maybe an Anti-Celtite ?
Winston Churchill, partly I suspect because the IRA , were always trying to bump him off.

Top Bottom