• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Stephen Fry under Gardai Investigation for blasphemy

Muckit

Political Irish
Stephen Fry under police investigation for blasphemy after branding God an 'utter maniac'

Faces a €25,000 fine if convicted under Ireland's 2009 Defamation Act

Stephen Fry is being investigated by Irish police over blasphemy claims more than two years after his outspoken comments about God on RTE's The Meaning of Life went viral.
Mr Fry described a hypothetical creator as “stupid” and an “utter maniac” for designing a world filled with undue suffering.

Asked in 2015 by the programme's host, Gay Byrne, what he would say to God if he arrived at the pearly gates of heaven, the actor and author replied: “I’d say, bone cancer in children? What’s that about?”
The committed atheist added: “How dare you? How dare you create a world to which there is such misery that is not our fault? It’s not right, it’s utterly, utterly evil.

“Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid god who creates a world that is so full of injustice and pain?

“We have to spend our life on our knees thanking him? What kind of god would do that?
“The god who created this universe, if it was created by god, is quite clearly a maniac, an utter maniac, totally selfish.”

Stephen Fry under police investigation for blasphemy after branding God an 'utter maniac'

Madness, is this the best way for the Gardai to spend their time? Bankers, corruption, falsifying records, and the only thing they have tome to waste on is investigating British TV celebrities who recorded a TV programme in 2015!

I wonder if God himself made the complaint for defamation!

This blasphemy law needs to vbe scrapped and scrapped pronto, and I consider myself a catholic.

Fuck him.
Do you think he would come to the aid of some working class lad charged with insulting Islam?
When some English lads were jailed for a year for leaving bacon outside a Mosque, did the BBC, Guardian or Fry himself highlight the case? Did they Hell.
When Tommy Robinson was charged for holding a banner saying "Fuck ISIS" (ponder on that), did the liberals speak out?

Dermot Ahern brought in this law to protect Muslims and Jews. Nobody else. The irony that an uber-libtard attacking Christianity is prosecuted is delicious.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
I think you're missing the point dude. Forget about Fry. This law is an embarrassment, pure and simple. And it makes this Country look like the theocratic sh1t house it once was. There's nowt good about this my friend.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
He is an awful pretentious git and if what I have heard is true a fan of William Frazer.
I doubt he's down with Wullie although he does share facebook tweets with Mattress Mick.

It does not matter what he is, Ms Catherine. It seems a lot of folk are missing the point.

I doubt he's down with Wullie although he does share facebook tweets with Mattress Mick.

It does not matter what he is, Ms Catherine. It seems a lot of folk are missing the point.
The whole thing is weird - no Christian leader in the ROI supported this law, not even out there Prods or Catholic Sedes on the grounds that they might be done by it for slagging off or even critiquing other Religions. The only people who supported the law were Muslim ones. From what I have been told the idea for it by the government sort of came out of no where and there is a conspiracy that it was part of a Trade Deal with a Muslim country. Yes I know a lot of Irish people are going to be annoyed at this development because they will see it as a the country being made to look like back woods folk in front of the Brits; but I wonder is this some people in the State now trying to get rid of the law?

Someone described Mr Fry as fat, florid, mentally unstable, attention seeking, self-pitying, toilet loitering pervert.
It shames me to be Irish if that's the way they describe Mr Fry, a happily married man.
I repsect that hanging around public toilets is part of gay culture and we need to accept it, many the time in clubs around the place I have had homophobic misyogistic culturally retarded individuals complaining to me that 'men are shagging' in the jacksbecuade they can't accept that this is what the gays do.

I also heard the kindly well educated gentleman that report this heinous crime a "scumbag" and "a malicious little shít stirrer".

Fry is a self important liberal clown who is never away from blubbering over some violation of globalist mores himself.

The blasphemy law is in the constitution. You need a referendum to repeal it. Given the hassle in scrapping it, Dermot Ahern seems to have flipped it into a kind of anti-sectarian law as a parrallel to anti-racist legislation. Now New Left culture warrior types are including it in their attempt to destroy all tangible manifestations of Christianity in this country. That is so irrespective of how appropriate the blasphemy law happens to be.

Madness, is this the best way for the Gardai to spend their time? Bankers, corruption, falsifying records, and the only thing they have tome to waste on is investigating British TV celebrities who recorded a TV programme in 2015!

I wonder if God himself made the complaint for defamation!

This blasphemy law needs to vbe scrapped and scrapped pronto, and I consider myself a catholic.
Hard to believe we're living in the 21st century with this sort of nonsense going on.

Hard to believe we're living in the 21st century with this sort of nonsense going on.
Silly season has arrived early this year. Wonder what Mr Fry's reaction to all of this silly stuff is. I imagine any one of his upcoming, exquisite dinner parties will be absolutely delightful.