Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

State pension in Ireland for most of us wont kick in until we are at least 68!

Oliver Plunkett

Donator
PI Member
So the Irish government are set to make Ireland`s old work until they are 68,
A small price to pay for the benefits of importing legions of unemployable engineers and doctors. Think of the cuisine man! Think of the rape gangs and the dodgy phone kiosks we now enjoy! Think of all the non-Irish faces now littering our advertising hoardings! This is UTOPIA!

TW Tone

PI Member
Pooling your US and Irish contributions will be most certainly to your advantage. You will get a part- pension form both jurisdictions.
There is no need to spend any money on "consultants". All infos are freely available online under
or

I don't remember asking your advice.
Your claim that Job Seekers don't get PRSI credits towards the state pension is a lie. Since I am far from an expert on these matters, I just checked it. Turns out I was right.
And your claim that it's not worth laying out a few hundred to a competent adviser (not you) as to how to set up one's retirement income, investments, tax implications etc is another reason not to ask your opinion.

I got onto this thread in an effort to help the guy who was afraid he wouldn't get any pension despite significant contributions. Apart from that, it's not a topic of huge interest to me, certainly not enough for me to want to respond to your handbagging.. Adieu.

Last edited:

Leon Hirl

PI Member
I don't remember asking your advice.
Your claim that Job Seekers don't get PRSI credits towards the state pension is a lie. Since I am far from an expert on these matters, I just checked it. Turns out I was right.
And your claim that it's not worth laying out a few hundred to a competent adviser (not you) as to how to set up one's retirement income, investments, tax implications etc is another reason not to ask your opinion.

I got onto this thread in an effort to help the guy who was afraid he wouldn't get any pension despite significant contributions. Apart from that, it's not a topic of huge interest to me, certainly not enough for me to want to respond to your handbagging.. Adieu.
I do not know what your game is. Certainly you have absolutely no knowledge about the pension system. Nothing wrong with that- most people don't know much about it.
What I find funny is that you keep repeating your twisted stuff in spite of being proven wrong many times.
You still have not figured out the difference between "credit" and "contribution".
Here is something to enlighten you about the subject of getting "credits"while on JB:

Please note- it is "credits"- as I said in a post above. Not contributions- which would help you to get a pension.

I agree with you that you should invest some money in a consultant. You are unable to check the stuff out by yourself and really need help.

Top Bottom