Self Moderated Star Trek : fans here?

Templar

Donator
PI Member
The new version of BSG was really a drama set in space with supernatural elements
Ill have to disagree, I never got into it, I was though a fan of Battlestar Galactica V1 which was more Star Trek from the Jimmy Carter years, Apollo and Starbuck fighting off the Cylons and all of that.

Lorne Green and John Colicos were great the New BSG simply did not have the same calibre of Actor

IRELAND UNITED

PI Member

Lorne Green and John Colicos were great the New BSG simply did not have the same calibre of Actor
WARNING! WARNING!

This thread is about STAR TREK

By commenting on BSG you are in direct contravention of federation rules, discontinue all talk of BSG do not disobey this order, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
The Borg increasingly remind me of Globohomo and how consumer Capitalism absorbs everything in its path, all avenues of attack are ultimately coopted and turned to its own benefit, all weapons utilised to destroy them have the effect of making them stronger and all cultures and civilisations become the same, any semblance of individuality is stripped away and people exist in a hive mind scenario unable to reason and think for themselves.

Karloff

PI Member
The Borg increasingly remind me of Globohomo and how consumer Capitalism absorbs everything in its path, all avenues of attack are ultimately coopted and turned to its own benefit, all weapons utilised to destroy them have the effect of making them stronger and all cultures and civilisations become the same, any semblance of individuality is stripped away and people exist in a hive mind scenario unable to reason and think for themselves.
They strongly remind me of China. They never invent anything, they just steal technology and adapt it. There are no individuals except for the leader, every unit serves the whole and they are hellbent on assimilation (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tibet, Himalayas).

Their creative powers are near zero.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member

The only issue was that there was a slight suspension of credulity required to look upon Lorne Green as the leader of the humans travelling in a space craft having being so used to him as a Cowboy in "Bonanza".

And for that matter it dented credibility to see Patrick McNee as one of the alien bad guy leaders when we had been so used to seeing him as "Steed" in "The New Avengers".

One advantage of the actors in Star Trek not being established prior to it is that it was easier to take them credibly (insofar as it was possible to take them credibly that is!).

Last edited:

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
WARNING! WARNING!

This thread is about STAR TREK

By commenting on BSG you are in direct contravention of federation rules, discontinue all talk of BSG do not disobey this order, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
"WARNING! WARNING!" ?
Are you bringing 1960s series "Lost in Space" into it?
That was before my time but one thing I can recall from RTE showing repeats in my youth was a robot that used to keep going "WARNING! WARNING!"

Last edited:

IRELAND UNITED

PI Member
"WARNING! WARNING!" ?
Are you bringing 1960s series "Lost in Space" into it?
That was before my time but one thing I can recall from RTE showing repeats in my youth was a robot that used to keep going "WARNING! WARNING!"

Not to be confused with Simon and Garfunkel of course.😊

Rommel

PI Member

Col Wilma Dering and Princess Ardala lads absolutely staple viewing as a young fella for obvious sexy reasons.

Templar

Donator
PI Member
The only issue was that there was a slight suspension of credulity required to look upon Lorne Green as the leader of the humans travelling in a space craft having being so used to him as a Cowboy in "Bonanza".

And for that matter it dented credibility to see Patrick McNee as one of the alien bad guy leaders when we had been so used to seeing him as "Steed" in "The New Avengers".

One advantage of the actors in Star Trek not being established prior to it is that it was easier to take them credibly (insofar as it was possible to take them credibly that is!).

Being about 7 or 8 years old at the time and not having seen Bonanza I found Lorne Green pretty cool. Lloyd Bridges was also in a couple of episodes as well I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom