Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Some "Recovery" Popular Dublin Restaurant Group goes into liquidation

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Popular Dublin restaurant group goes into liquidation

Popular Dublin restaurant group goes into liquidation - Independent.ie

Examiner appointed to award-winning restaurant

Jo'Burger doesn't make a meal out of expansion - Independent.ie

Firstly, my sympathy with the Staff so close to Christmas- what a Mess..

A true tale of "Celtic Tiger", Post "Celtic Tiger", False Boom + False Recovery Delusion & Hopium

Founded in 2007.

Interim Examiner appointed in 2009 after scooping Top Awards for Dublin.

Expands in 2014.

Bust in 2018.

Maybe if FG borrow another €113 Billion & keep cuttin n' slashing all our Essential Services to pieces, the next Top Restaraunt Chain will be able to keep the Lights on...

trainwreck

PI Member
Never even heard of Jo Burger.

So much for “popular”.

The restaurant/cafe/coffe shop business is notoriously difficult on in which to survive. Always has been. Low barriers to entry, high fixed costs, massive and increasing regulatory intervention, the industry most exposed to minimum wage and other labour market laws and restrictions.

You would be mad to put your own money into it.

NiceNin

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Popular Dublin restaurant group goes into liquidation

Popular Dublin restaurant group goes into liquidation - Independent.ie

Examiner appointed to award-winning restaurant

Jo'Burger doesn't make a meal out of expansion - Independent.ie

Firstly, my sympathy with the Staff so close to Christmas- what a Mess..

A true tale of "Celtic Tiger", Post "Celtic Tiger", False Boom + False Recovery Delusion & Hopium

Founded in 2007.

Interim Examiner appointed in 2009 after scooping Top Awards for Dublin.

Expands in 2014.

Bust in 2018.

Maybe if FG borrow another €113 Billion & keep cuttin n' slashing all our Essential Services to pieces, the next Top Restaraunt Chain will be able to keep the Lights on...

I saw that yesterday and was very surprised. Jo'Burger was always packed, all three branches. Burgers were amazing, very different to all similar restaurants. I've downloaded a screenshot of their menu so I can make them myself. Loved the chilli banana one and the Thai green curry burger 😀

It will be a real loss to each of the areas they were in as they were a focal colourful independent restaurant at each point.

What I am quietly laughing at tho is they would have been very much cut from the angry bearded "Repeal the 8th/SSM" lobby that have dominated discourse and culture in recent years and if involved in commercial endeavours would have used those businesses to push that agenda.

The catheter bag catches up with even the coolest of us 😀

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Wait until the ECB cuts off that 600 million a month its been propping the Varadkar Régime up with. That'll be happening this January.

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
Wait until the ECB cuts off that 600 million a month its been propping the Varadkar Régime up with. That'll be happening this January.
How is the origonal MagicArse doing. It should be easier on Leo, it being a road having seen much more traffic.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
That building close to the Powerscourt Centre has a definite hoodoo on it.

Top Bottom