Some Insects have biological gears. More proof of God?

Catalpa

PI Member
Evolution is occuring all the time when evolutionary pressures are there.

One example is Elephants evolving to have no tusks in response to poaching. At some point a gene mutation resulted in an Elephant been born without tusks. With poaching eliminating the competition that elephant spread that mutation such that there has been in a relatively small period of time (in evolutionary terms) a clearly identifiable evolution in the Elephant population having smaller / no tusks.

Elephants are now being born without tusks because of poaching
That's an old one!

Back in 19th century Britain it was noticed that White Moths became rarer and Black ones proliferated

Why - the trees on which the settled were turning Black with soot from factory chimneys...

Try again....

Catalpa

PI Member
Errr, yes it does. At least, it has because intelligence in humans provided an advantage in survival at the margin. And, again, at the margin, Humana with above average intelligence had a tendency to give issue to a slightly higher proportion of children with above average intelligence.

Hence more intelligent humans than 300,000 years ago and hence how the advantages of Homo sapiens

Not sure if it is a factor now though. It seems more stupid people have more kids and have no challenge to survive and procreate because it is no longer essential for survival.
OK so what DNA sequence has been isolated that scientists say passes on the parents intelligence?

trainwreck

PI Member
OK so what DNA sequence has been isolated that scientists say passes on the parents intelligence?
You don’t need to “isolate genes” in order to identify hereditary characteristics. Height, skin colour, blood type, are observable empirically, do the propensity of such characteristics to be inherited can be observed empirically also.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-intelligence-hereditary/

Scientists have investigated this question for more than a century, and the answer is clear: the differences between people on intelligence tests are substantially the result of genetic differences.

trainwreck

PI Member
At least you have accepted that its just a concept.
It is absolute empirical proof that that typical creationist objection that “only an intelligent being could create a thing that does that” is vacuous.

Well, a few simple rules for “fitness”, mutation, hereditary characteristics, and the passage of generations can create things with clear abilities, without any design input.

So that undermines all your creationist “but how else could a species do X/Y/Z?”

Catalpa

PI Member
It is absolute empirical proof that that typical creationist objection that “only an intelligent being could create a thing that does that” is vacuous.

Well, a few simple rules for “fitness”, mutation, hereditary characteristics, and the passage of generations can create things with clear abilities, without any design input.

So that undermines all your creationist “but how else could a species do X/Y/Z?”
I think you are confused here

We don't know how God orders the Universe or any living thing within it

- nor have I ever claimed that I understand the processes involved

can create things with clear abilities, without any design input.

That's a Contradiction

If there is no design - then there is no Creation...

trainwreck

PI Member
I think you are confused here

We don't know how God orders the Universe or any living thing within it

- nor have I ever claimed that I understand the processes involved

can create things with clear abilities, without any design input.

That's a Contradiction

If there is no design - then there is no Creation...
No contradiction whatsoever. Natural processes, physics, chemistry, biology, random mutation. Combined with long durations create order.

I posted a video where a virtual creature can, without any external design, evolve to travel many metres in a specified direction. There are more complex examples of virtual evolution creating creatures that can do more complex things.

No design. Just forces that are natural and at work around us:
Mutation
Survival of the fittest

What is funny to watch is the way you claim “God” is the best explanation. But while there is agreement on the single evolutionary model, you creationist types can’t even agree if there is one god or many.

You are spouting only your favoured creationist theory, when other creationist believers have more “gods” or different “gods”.

Creationism is a trainwreck as far as explanatory theories go.

Catalpa

PI Member
No contradiction whatsoever. Natural processes, physics, chemistry, biology, random mutation. Combined with long durations create order.

I posted a video where a virtual creature can, without any external design, evolve to travel many metres in a specified direction. There are more complex examples of virtual evolution creating creatures that can do more complex things.

No design. Just forces that are natural and at work around us:
Mutation
Survival of the fittest

What is funny to watch is the way you claim “God” is the best explanation. But while there is agreement on the single evolutionary model, you creationist types can’t even agree if there is one god or many.

You are spouting only your favoured creationist theory, when other creationist believers have more “gods” or different “gods”.

Creationism is a trainwreck as far as explanatory theories go.
At this stage I have come to the conclusion you are confusing me with somebody else.

Top Bottom