Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Social Democrats

ted08

PI Member
Can a section be added for this party, separate from 'independents'.

Edit: after a little wait, we have a Social Democrats Forum. The party website is: http://socialdemocrats.ie/ and have a look to see do they have a candidate in your area.

Dubgraduate

PI Member
Was considering giving them a vote in the next election. I like their views on the Scandinavian model etc.

Dubgraduate

PI Member
The Hon. borntorum Esq. said:
Which model is that, the one that apparently gives you world class services with no increases in taxes?

The Social Democrats: Just Another Bunch of Populist Bullshitters
They should be more forthright about the need for increases in taxes.

I'd be willing to pay more so long as what's provided in return is up to standard.

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
The Hon. borntorum Esq. said:
Which model is that, the one that apparently gives you world class services with no increases in taxes?

The Social Democrats: Just Another Bunch of Populist Bullshitters
make-it-so.png

You killjoy you. 

These astute patriots observed the Obama visit and correctly concluded that the most dense in every country call themselves democrats so addeding social to the name gaurantees success. Paddy Power setting the over/under for others at 33.5.

Sounds like a plan

Dedogs

PI Member
ger12 said:
Why aren't the Social Democrats listed as a party?
they havent time cause the two womens fighting over what color to paint the office and donnellys out in the shed lettin on hes fixin the lawn mower till they cool down...... ;););)

Makavelli

PI Member
It's not necessarily about paying more taxes, it is about how the taxes are spent, and how the tax system generously supports the wealthy with the myriad of tax breaks, that only a highly paid accountant can figure out.   It is about a corporation tax, that is effectively levelled down to 2%, by the time the KPMG, et. al are finished with them.

Billions gone on bank debt. Billions gone on the HSE.  Is it millions, billions or gazillions on IW?  I've lost track. It is the subvention to private schools, and the private health sector. It is the millions on politicians pensions.  It is the generous payoffs, (See my Hubert Kearns post on the IW thread).

The way the politicians spend our  taxes raised, is highly questionable.  So I have to wonder at the agenda of those  who screech for more taxes, when we ask for a basic level of public services.  It is a diversion from the real issue, which is how this State is run, and for whose benefit.

Top Bottom