Sinn Féin leader Michelle O'Neill criticized for attending Battle of Clonoe commemoration

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
If the Unionists stop attending commemorations for the British Army, then they will have a reason to suggest that SF stop attending commemorations for the IRA. Sandra Overend is just virtue signalling to the lumpen element in her own camp.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Standard "Unionist outrage" and standard Shinner grand stranding to try and persuade themselves that they are big bad radicals; it has all gotten very ritualistic at this stage and even more boring.

What a lot of Prods are curious about though is the Shinners turn around on the EU; that does deserve an explanation as it doesn't seem to have been debated at any of their Ard Fheises/Party Conferences.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Standard "Unionist outrage" and standard Shinner grand stranding to try and persuade themselves that they are big bad radicals; it has all gotten very ritualistic at this stage and even more boring.

What a lot of Prods are curious about though is the Shinners turn around on the EU; that does deserve an explanation as it doesn't seem to have been debated at any of their Ard Fheises/Party Conferences.
Maybe I was being overly cynical about her going to this commemoration but honestly of course the local Unionist Politician was going to come out with ritualistic outrage.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
The Adamsites have become enemy collaborators to a level that even the SDLP hadn't sunk in the 1970s and 80s. It's incredible to think that they burned Gerry Fitt out of his home for doing just what they do today. Indeed, Martin McGuinness ordered many a man shot for much much less than he has made a career out of doing.

Threads
a household of northern nationalists this evening were talking about the political situation and who they are voting for, 6 of them had the vote. In past the 6 of them would have been confirmed SF voters. Today, the breakdown was 1 for Justin McNulty for the simple reason that he shared nice photos of Armagh in his facebook page. One was seriously considering Danny Kennedy as he had done some work for that person.. th The rest were reluctantly voting for CISTA, even though they disagreed with smoking cannabis. I wonder how many other houses are like this.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
a household of northern nationalists this evening were talking about the political situation and who they are voting for, 6 of them had the vote. In past the 6 of them would have been confirmed SF voters. Today, the breakdown was 1 for Justin McNulty for the simple reason that he shared nice photos of Armagh in his facebook page. One was seriously considering Danny Kennedy as he had done some work for that person.. th The rest were reluctantly voting for CISTA, even though they disagreed with smoking cannabis. I wonder how many other houses are like this.

D4's thread goes into detail on this question,

The Pink Clink- SF Imprisoned from a United Ireland as 57% of Nationalists won't Vote

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
The Adamsites have become enemy collaborators to a level that even the SDLP hadn't sunk in the 1970s and 80s. It's incredible to think that they burned Gerry Fitt out of his home for doing just what they do today. Indeed, Martin McGuinness ordered many a man shot for much much less than he has made a career out of doing.
I'm not so sure that it is that incredible. I think that they were always going on emotion without actually been guided by intellectual and/or ideological positions. Emotions can be very fluid and when not guided by what higher in human beings usually take the path of least resistance. Of course if anything the Prods are worse when it comes to this.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
I'm not so sure that it is that incredible. I think that they were always going on emotion without actually been guided by intellectual and/or ideological positions. Emotions can be very fluid and when not guided by what higher in human beings usually take the path of least resistance. Of course if anything the Prods are worse when it comes to this.

That's very true. The old Southern leadership was more detached and intellectual, whereas the young hotheads from the North seemed to be all emotion. I supposed its easier to be detached when you are at a remove from the situation, and that's why it was a disaster for the Republican Movement that its leadership moved from Dublin to Belfast. After that, the RM became a provincial movement rather than a national movement.

Top Bottom