• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Sinn Féin: Holocaust Deniers or how I learned to stop supporting Identity Ireland and join the NP

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
I don't think an appeal to bread and butter sensitivities implies a lack of depth. In fact, a set of policies crafted to appeal to people's gut desire for freedom, familiarity (homogeneity) and prosperity is the ultimate in depth.

Most people desire to be relatively prosperous, free and live in a high trust society of people who share their values. This is where the focus should be.
I think it does lack depth to make easy appeals to the masses but abide by -- if not liberal mores -- then New Left conventions. Battling the media, the EU (remember the umbilical chord that is the Euro) requires men with fortitude ready to step over these sacred cows.

Almost every political question that deals with patriotism, minorities and immigrants is refracted through the template of the holocaust. Almost every question of controversy is a potential little mini holocaust if the usual globalist prescription isn't availed of. This needs to be superseded by a pragmatic, unsentimental and practical treatment of these questions as a matter of priority.

The whole Sinn Fein are fuh, fuh, fuh "holocaust deniers" is the political equivalent of Sooty popping out of his little box to give Matthew a good hosing down with his little water pistol. It's just weak and unserious.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
I do think Ireland is ripe - even overripe - for a strong Authoritarian Left Nationalist party that could do some real damage at the polls. The Far Right here would be better to call themselves the Authoritarian Left, as right wing in Ireland just means being for the landlords and bosses and against the working class and small farmers.
I don't think I could come up with a name that would anatagonise the Irish people more than the "Authoritarian Left". Only the "Authoritarian Right" might be worse.

Now you may say that the country needs an authoritarian left. Quite frankly if that includes permissive attitudes to abortion, I'm out. But that's one debate. The Irish people are, nevertheless, centre-right by temperament whilst Irish political activists are leftists of various hues.

You need to mix a cocktail that accesses both blocs as it were and minimise deploying vocabulary left and right as much as one can as it pulls people back into the usual Punch n' Judy vortex. You need a straight talkin' pragmatist that steps over all that. Someone that will deal will globalist-babble in one foul swoop.

You need the warchest of an oligarch to truly crash the political system.

You need a Merlin figure to ensure there's substance and sincerity to the straight talkin'.

If those stars align you could do something I suppose. But that alignment is not on the horizon atm.

As it is, people just need to stand up in the public square and speak ugly truths irrespective of social ostracisation. And if people are doing that, I'm good. Whether that's via a political party or, say, a media-show, I just don't really care.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Gerry McGeough is a fine guy. He was apparently being earmarked to lead the FF venture in the six before the economic crisis put paid to that. But his staunch and very visible Catholicism which he stamps all over his politics and his staunch republicanism makes him a guy who, realistically, makes him impossible to digest at the ballot box.

BrightFuture

PI Member
In my view, Barrett et al would have been better to put their efforts into finding a man who could really front a Nationalist Party in Ireland. I'd say the ideal candidate would be a former army officer who is sound on the National Question and has never engaged in any criticism of the Republican Movement. (Let's keep in mind that Republicans are the only activists worth a fuck in this country and Nationalism could win a huge percentage over to it - many of them imagine they already are in Nationalist parties). He should have at least a reasonable command of the Irish language, be well connected in the GAA and other national organisations, and have a reasonable understanding of economics. That would immediately put him head and shoulders over most of the wasters in Leinster House. I'm sure Barrett would made an excellent second in command. Young O'Loughlin would probably shape up too if he had a strong father figure to direct him.
You would be waiting so until the sun burns out and the universe goes dark.

Look at the shower of clowns that have led this country for the last 70 years even. A Cú Chulainn is not going to suddenly spring out of the dirt so you have to start somewhere. You can find a strongman of the people to mythologise and let you down later on.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
I don't think I could come up with a name that would anatagonise the Irish people more than the "Authoritarian Left". Only the "Authoritarian Right" might be worse.

Now you may say that the country needs an authoritarian left. Quite frankly if that includes permissive attitudes to abortion, I'm out. But that's one debate. The Irish people are, nevertheless, centre-right by temperament whilst Irish political activists are leftists of various hues.

You need to mix a cocktail that accesses both blocs as it were and minimise deploying vocabulary left and right as much as one can as it pulls people back into the usual Punch n' Judy vortex. You need a straight talkin' pragmatist that steps over all that. Someone that will deal will globalist-babble in one foul swoop.

You need the warchest of an oligarch to truly crash the political system.

You need a Merlin figure to ensure there's substance and sincerity to the straight talkin'.

If those stars align you could do something I suppose. But that alignment is not on the horizon atm.

As it is, people just need to stand up in the public square and speak ugly truths irrespective of social ostracisation. And if people are doing that, I'm good. Whether that's via a political party or, say, a media-show, I just don't really care.

I would say the Authoritarian Left means being conservative on social issues like protection of the family, Pro-Life and insisting that marriage is about sexual reproduction, and being for state enterprise and state ownership of the commanding heights of the economy, as Lenin put it. But I wasn't really suggesting that our ideal leader would call himself any sort of authoritarian - and I would say to stay away from the words Left and Right also. What I really meant was that the Far Right in Ireland would be better to call themselves the Authoritarian Left than calling themselves The Right, or the Alt Right. But then, calling themselves absolutely anything but Right would be better.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
You would be waiting so until the sun burns out and the universe goes dark.

Look at the shower of clowns that have led this country for the last 70 years even. A Cú Chulainn is not going to suddenly spring out of the dirt so you have to start somewhere. You can find a strongman of the people to mythologise and let you down later on.

Maybe so a chara. I don't think a great leader has to be really that great as a person, it's more that he, or she - if we had a Joan of Arc we would be indeed blessed - has the ability to mirror back to people the most noble aspects of themselves and so give them the courage to think noble thoughts and attempt noble deeds. Pearse and Connolly were such men. I don't think we will never have them again.

Last edited:
OP
Macushla

Macushla

I consider Barrett an Anton Drexler. He's getting his party off the ground and that's fair enough. But I'm no so confident he'll be the man who wins.

OP
Macushla

Macushla

lol , the national party ,

I recently stopped supporting them when Justin Barrett said he wants everybody from the age of 18-45 to have "military grade weapons" in their homes

I think identity ireland are a much better option .

oh .. and the holocaust did happen , people who deny it are just neo nazi scum
In what way are Identity Ireland a better option?

Just look at their semi-literate tweets and the fact they haven't done anything in almost a year.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Listen, I don't care for II. My affinity for them is almost nil whereas I think the NP, warts n' all , make a fair account of themselves overall.

But whether you're a member of this party, that party or none, just stand up and tell the truth. Or if there's someone in the area that's doing that and is a good egg help them to tell the truth.

BrightFuture

PI Member
PI posters waiting for magical perfect National leaders to appear..

Top Bottom