• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Sinn Féin: Holocaust Deniers or how I learned to stop supporting Identity Ireland and join the NP

charlie D

PI Member
lol , the national party ,

I recently stopped supporting them when Justin Barrett said he wants everybody from the age of 18-45 to have "military grade weapons" in their homes

I think identity ireland are a much better option .

oh .. and the holocaust did happen , people who deny it are just neo nazi scum

El Chaval.

PI Member
I've met SF members who were not Holocaust deniers, but rather they accepeted that it happened and that "Hitler didn't kill enough of them".
When you have a large pool you get all sorts.

The media and the State will destroy anyone who puts their head above the parapet to champion the indiginous working class.
Anyone who does so has great integrity to be honest.
Same in the UK. Look at the hassleTommy Robinson and Britain First leaders get.
How many times has Tommy been arrested on trumped-up charges?
Just look at how he is treated on mainstream media.

These people will always have an anonymous following on the internet, but will never break through to the mainstream (without acting mainstream).

I don't know how Golden Dawn broke through and maybe their success needs to be studied and scrutinised.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Objecting to Islam on liberal grounds is the only approach likely to have widespread appeal. The vast bulk of the population are some shade of 'liberal' (at least by your definition of the term) and have phuck all interest in fringe critiques of enlightenment values, or pseudo-intellectual showboating in general.

People care about themselves and their family and friend's wellbeing -- the gay nephew not being at risk of harm; the daughter being able to go freely about her business about being raped or forced to wear a binbag; being able to have pint in their local; hold an opinion and freely speak their mind.

A political movement centered around fringe esoterica and rosy retrospective navel gazing is phuck all use to anyone.
I don't care if they are 1. electable 2. I've disavowed navel gazing. 3. being electable and lacking depth aren't mutually exclusive in fact they go together! 4. let's not get autistic here I understand they need to abide some basic liberal mores.

What I want them to be is controversial and transgressive but in such a way that it speaks some simple deep truths. That's what's important. That they are palatable at the ballot box isn't really interesting to me.

Another liberal party is problematic because they get catapulted into power, make slight changes to the system and then get kicked out by a hyper-liberal counter-coup. (and that's in the unlikely event everything is hunky dory on the path to pow-her.

El Chaval.

PI Member
In my view, Barrett et al would have been better to put their efforts into finding a man who could really front a Nationalist Party in Ireland. I'd say the ideal candidate would be a former army officer who is sound on the National Question and has never engaged in any criticism of the Republican Movement. (Let's keep in mind that Republicans are the only activists worth a fuck in this country and Nationalism could win a huge percentage over to it - many of them imagine they already are in Nationalist parties). He should have at least a reasonable command of the Irish language, be well connected in the GAA and other national organisations, and have a reasonable understanding of economics. That would immediately put him head and shoulders over most of the wasters in Leinster House. I'm sure Barrett would made an excellent second in command. Young O'Loughlin would probably shape up too if he had a strong father figure to direct him.

Gerry Mc Geough?

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
I don't care if they are 1. electable 2. I've disavowed navel gazing. 3. being electable and lacking depth aren't mutually exclusive in fact they go together! 4. let's not get autistic here I understand they need to abide some basic liberal mores.

What I want them to be is controversial and transgressive but in such a way that it speaks some simple deep truths. That's what's important. That they are palatable at the ballot box isn't really interesting to me.

Another liberal party is problematic because they get catapulted into power, make slight changes to the system and then get kicked out by a hyper-liberal counter-coup. (and that's in the unlikely event everything is hunky dory on the path to pow-her.

I do think Ireland is ripe - even overripe - for a strong Authoritarian Left Nationalist party that could do some real damage at the polls. The Far Right here would be better to call themselves the Authoritarian Left, as right wing in Ireland just means being for the landlords and bosses and against the working class and small farmers.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Objecting to Islam on liberal grounds is the only approach likely to have widespread appeal. The vast bulk of the population are some shade of 'liberal' (at least by your definition of the term) and have phuck all interest in fringe critiques of enlightenment values, or pseudo-intellectual showboating in general.

People care about themselves and their family and friend's wellbeing -- the gay nephew not being at risk of harm; the daughter being able to go freely about her business about being raped or forced to wear a binbag; being able to have pint in their local; hold an opinion and freely speak their mind.

A political movement centered around fringe esoterica and rosy retrospective navel gazing is phuck all use to anyone.
I remember very clearly hearing the wise words of German Noble man on the question of the Anti-Islam thing. What he said in essence was that Traditionalist and Conservative Christians should stay well away from it because they are in some to many ways depending on the person equally as freakish in the eyes of the mass of contemporary Western Europeans as the Muslims are and this thing very much has the potential to blow back on them, which isn't to say that we shouldn't oppose further Muslim immigration. A lot of "Liberals" find incredibly objectionable the fact that I venerate an Icon of the miracle working Passion Grigori Rasputin in my house, they find it completely sick and twisted. Well I'm getting another Icon soon but this time of the Righteous Bearer Tsar Ivan the Awe Inspiring, known in the West as Ivan the Terrible whom a not insignificant amount of Russian Believers consider a Saint as do I. It is a lot of the same people who would find that horrific who find the hijab and al-Amira equally disturbing.

Heraclitus

PI Member

I don't think an appeal to bread and butter sensitivities implies a lack of depth. In fact, a set of policies crafted to appeal to people's gut desire for freedom, familiarity (homogeneity) and prosperity is the ultimate in depth.

Most people desire to be relatively prosperous, free and live in a high trust society of people who share their values. This is where the focus should be.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
I remember very clearly hearing the wise words of German Noble man on the question of the Anti-Islam thing. What he said in essence was that Traditionalist and Conservative Christians should stay well away from it because they are in some to many ways depending on the person equally as freakish in the eyes of the mass of contemporary Western Europeans as the Muslims are and this thing very much has the potential to blow back on them, which isn't to say that we shouldn't oppose further Muslim immigration. A lot of "Liberals" find incredibly objectionable the fact that I venerate an Icon of the miracle working Passion Grigori Rasputin in my house, they find it completely sick and twisted. Well I'm getting another Icon soon but this time of the Righteous Bearer Tsar Ivan the Awe Inspiring, known in the West as Ivan the Terrible whom a not insignificant amount of Russian Believers consider a Saint as do I. It is a lot of the same people who would find that horrific who find the hijab and al-Amira equally disturbing.

I agree fully a chara. Just being against Islam and Muslims is stupid. Let's not forget that all those people in the Eastern Mediterranean were Christians in the Byzantine Empire, and still would be except for the short sightedness of Christendom. Let's not forget that it was looting Crusaders that really dealt Constantinople its death blow. Well, ordinary people adapt to the new power structure - just as ordinary Irish people adapted to living in the British Empire and speaking English. But there is a huge variety of Muslims, from highly secular and sophisticated to ignorant and fanatic. Any European party that is nothing but anti-Islam clearly has nothing to offer to Europe. We need parties that are pro-European culture - and actively promoting Native European culture. Unfortunately, too many think they are doing something for Europe when they seek to defend McDonalds Big Macs and hip hop music.

Heraclitus

PI Member
I couldn't care less about your interior decor. More power to you.
And I'd rather governments, whether local or national, didn't ban Muslim attire. I'd rather they weren't admitted entry in the first place.

The only workable assimilation policy is one where local communities are given a say in who becomes a citizen. Any policy set entirely by central government will always be inadequate.
Tiny Liechtenstein has the right approach.

Decentralise everything is my motto.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Gerry Mc Geough?
I think he is to polarizing. In my experience people tend to either almost worship the ground he walks on or find him utterly creepy.

I wouldn't go so far as to find him utterly creepy however I wouldn't be a fan of his at all. That said if I had the chance I would give him my number one vote to send a message. However it is interesting that as late as 2003 he was part of the national leadership of Sinn Fein. Plus their is his baggage from the Troubles- it really annoyed me when Justin Barret went on a big spiel condemning the PIRA's campaign but it would equally have annoyed if he had praised it to skies. The Troubles are a divisive issue but at this stage they are a historical and best left out of contemporary politics in my opinion.

El Chaval.

PI Member
Have to agree Sister, regarding the Troubles.
I think Barret was wrong to bring it up. Quite a lot of Republicans would agree with him on identity, immigration and cultural marxism.

Top Bottom