• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Sinn Féin: Holocaust Deniers or how I learned to stop supporting Identity Ireland and join the NP

Macushla

Staff member
PI Member

Sinn Fein are holocaust deniers. According to Peter O'Loughlin of Identity Ireland anyway.

Professionalism really doesn't seem to be their strong point. This thread is not so much simply about this whacko comment on their public twitter but in fact about what has become of Identist Ireland.

Do they still have a chance of being the Irish nationalist party of the future? Will they run candidates in future elections - should they even bother?

Back in 2015 I actually signed up for this party and had brief correspondence with them. Well understandably I was pretty disappointed by almost everything they did or failed to do. Their crashing and burning has been a major blackpill on all of us hoping for a surge in support for nationalism here.

Ive joined the National Party since then. Although they're not my ideal party they're what I would be more willing to lend my name to.

however ultimately this thread is about the decline of Identity Ireland. Is it worth saving? Can it be saved? Should we just join up with the NP as I have done.

Dublin 4

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
Well, I hope the NP throw you out, you are obviously a Troublemaker & a dishonorable one at that.

You can criticise SF for what they do or don't do, likewise with Identity Ireland.

Saying "some Hamas lovers of SF deny the Holocaust" is not saying that SF deny the Holocaust, II never said SF deny the Holocaust.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
I never would have imagined that Identity Ireland are going anywhere. I admire Barrett for making a stand, but he will never be a national leader. That's just the brutal truth.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Identity Ireland was never something that engaged me. Objecting to Islam on liberal grounds lacks depth. And they seem to be all over the map, deferential squabbles with Irish neocon chickenhawks on the one hand and then group photos with Golden Dawn types on the other hand meant they were very schizophrenic in where they were positioned.

All that said, O'Loughlin showed couraged in what is a very ugly ideological space and it's intuitive for any party operating in that space to collapse. So I'm not hostile to him. In retrospect, duh Battle of Burger King was a uniquely leprechaun preview of the mayhem that has been going on in America recently.

As for Barrett, Barrett may or may not be all one might want him to be but none of these parties -- no matter how ideologically well attuned or charismatic they are -- can seize power in any kind of conventional way. But they can offer a banner under which people who oppose hard globalism can gather under and therein lies their value.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
In my view, Barrett et al would have been better to put their efforts into finding a man who could really front a Nationalist Party in Ireland. I'd say the ideal candidate would be a former army officer who is sound on the National Question and has never engaged in any criticism of the Republican Movement. (Let's keep in mind that Republicans are the only activists worth a fuck in this country and Nationalism could win a huge percentage over to it - many of them imagine they already are in Nationalist parties). He should have at least a reasonable command of the Irish language, be well connected in the GAA and other national organisations, and have a reasonable understanding of economics. That would immediately put him head and shoulders over most of the wasters in Leinster House. I'm sure Barrett would made an excellent second in command. Young O'Loughlin would probably shape up too if he had a strong father figure to direct him.

Last edited:

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Barrett is very good so far. He gives good speeches. He's cracked the magic formula of holding conferences on a regular basis. He apparently has a membership roll that's twice the size needed to register a party. He has high profile guests join him as speakers. He has stood in elections and done well considering that the Celtic Tiger was still afloat back then. He has experience in organising and leading successful referenda and defying the odds in those referenda. It's sport to have a go at him but he's done well. He needs to return to the streets and survive -- that's his biggest test.

As long as he calibrates a protectionist or semi-protectionist outlook, he's as good as an economist as he needs to be.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
Barrett is very good so far. He gives good speeches. He's cracked the magic formula of holding conferences on a regular basis. He apparently has a membership roll that's twice the size needed to register a party. He has high profile guests join him as speakers. He has stood in elections and done well considering that the Celtic Tiger was still afloat back then. He has experience in organising and leading successful referenda and defying the odds in those referenda. It's sport to have a go at him but he's done well. He needs to return to the streets and survive -- that's his biggest test.

As long as he calibrates a protectionist or semi-protectionist outlook, he's as good as an economist as he needs to be.

Which is why he would make an excellent second in command. I've no doubt that he is a good organiser and effective. But he doesn't have the animal magnetism or the gravitas needed. The Irish have become a sissy nation and we desperately need a father figure to lift us out of the brothel.

Heraclitus

PI Member
Identity Ireland was never something that engaged me. Objecting to Islam on liberal grounds lacks depth.

Objecting to Islam on liberal grounds is the only approach likely to have widespread appeal. The vast bulk of the population are some shade of 'liberal' (at least by your definition of the term) and have phuck all interest in fringe critiques of enlightenment values, or pseudo-intellectual showboating in general.

People care about themselves and their family and friend's wellbeing -- the gay nephew not being at risk of harm; the daughter being able to go freely about her business about being raped or forced to wear a binbag; being able to have pint in their local; hold an opinion and freely speak their mind.

A political movement centered around fringe esoterica and rosy retrospective navel gazing is phuck all use to anyone.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I'm pretty certain that are people in Sinn Fein who wouldn't exactly be "Holocaust deniers" but would be "Holocaust sceptics" in that they aren't sure exactly what happened, are aware of a lot of holes in the official story and are opposed to the persecution of people like David Irving and "Holocaust Denial" Laws which they wouldn't want to see brought into Ireland but this issue would be low down in their priorities. In other words people who take the same line that I do on these matters. I doubt though that any of their TDs, MLAs and MPs would even allow themselves to think such thoughts though.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
I'm pretty certain that are people in Sinn Fein who wouldn't exactly be "Holocaust deniers" but would be "Holocaust sceptics" in that they aren't sure exactly what happened, are aware of a lot of holes in the official story and are opposed to the persecution of people like David Irving and "Holocaust Denial" Laws which they wouldn't want to see brought into Ireland but this issue would be low down in their priorities. In other words people who take the same line that I do on these matters. I doubt though that any of their TDs, MLAs and MPs would even allow themselves to think such thoughts though.

I'm sure there are people in all walks of life that can see the holes in the official Holocaust narrative - which didn't even exist until the 1970s.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I'm sure there are people in all walks of life that can see the holes in the official Holocaust narrative - which didn't even exist until the 1970s.
The real issue for me in this question is "Holocaust Denial" laws and the fact that even where they don't exist you lose your academic career for questioning to much the official narrative. After that I'm not going to be scandalized by what anyone thinks on the issue.

Top Bottom