Sinead O'Connor Converts to Islam- Changes her name...

The Doc

PI Member
Sinead O'Connor has shed Christianity and converted to Islam | Metro News

Irish rock star Sinead O’Connor revealed she has converted to Islam and changed her name to Shuhada’ Davitt, with shuhada meaning ‘martyrs’ or ‘witnesses’ in Arabic. Her decision comes after she changed her name last year to Magda Davitt and took up the Catholic faith. In a message to her followers on Twitter she wrote: ‘This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim. ‘This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada.’

The 51-year-old also changed her profile picture to ‘Wear A Hijab: JUST DO IT,’ followed by a Nike tick, a play on the sports company’s tagline. She had previously also been ordained a priest by the Irish Orthodox and Apostolic Church back in the 1990s, but she appears to have closed the door on Christianity for good. In a follow up tweet, she posted a video of herself singing the Adhan, the Islamic call to prayer. ‘Here is my attempt at singing the Asan [sic]. I got some pronouncition [sic] wrong because emotions took me from my page…but there’ll be hundreds of others onstage to come.’

In a separate tweet she added: ‘Sorry re all the mistakes in my Azan…1st attempt. When I’ve practised it 30 times I’m Gonna make the world stop turning.’ The singer revealed that she received her first hijab as a gift from her friend, Elaine. ‘My best friend Elaine just gave me my 1st Hijab and she got chills all over her body when I put it on.

‘Not gonna post a photo because is intensely personal. And I’m an ugly old hag. But I’m a very, very, very happy old hag.’

D

Deleted member 2524

Non Registered Member
She has had a very difficult journey but now she has reached her destination.

Congratulations sister and welcome to the true faith.

An Fiach Ban

Donator
PI Member
Crazy woman joins crazy cult. This is great news, now she will get a real taste of what Patriarchy is. I don't think Islam is going to make much inroads amongst the indigenous Irish, if the numbers of migrants don't grow too much, its really unattractive to the Irish mind, no alcohol, no interactions with the opposite sex, no pork, no stringed music, etc. Anyway everyone knows Sinead is as mad as a box of frogs, her decision gives even more license to laugh at this crazy cult.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
She was always a bit loopy.
I remember her from years ago when she was going to school near my school, even then she was a bit weird, I can recall coming across her very drunk one day when we were leaving school at 4, she would have been about 15 at the time. Even to us lads at the time that was out of order beyond the pale, she was toxic.
I was reminded a few years ago how mad she was when she had one of her odd episodes where she got a "BQ" tattoo which she said was to remind her of someone who had wrecked her life.
Well that BQ was a guy which was in our class in school who had a teenage fling with her and the fact that all these decades later she was still bringing it up is a good indication she is not the full shilling.

Anyway the fact she has got into Islam now confirms the opinion I developed 35 odd years ago that she is a nut.

Storybud2

PI Member
well hopefully she will bring her brand of batsh1t crazy to that lot of headbangers and start demanding all kinds of "special" treatment,,,
lets hope she tears up supposed pictures of mohammed on live TV and see how "tolerant" her latest crazy friends treat her ??

She'l probably pack it in and convert to Buddhism in a couple of years then Shinto etc,, just another nut looking for attention ,
she should have joined the political parties here, she would have fitted right in and would probably be minister for Children or something,,

missy

PI Member
well hopefully she will bring her brand of batsh1t crazy to that lot of headbangers and start demanding all kinds of "special" treatment,,,
lets hope she tears up supposed pictures of mohammed on live TV and see how "tolerant" her latest crazy friends treat her ??

She'l probably pack it in and convert to Buddhism in a couple of years then Shinto etc,, just another nut looking for attention ,
she should have joined the political parties here, she would have fitted right in and would probably be minister for Children or something,,
:sisi3:

Top Bottom