Should politicians be allowed to hire friends/family/lovers ?

An honest and hardworking politician will have a tough life

I have no objections to them appointing friends /family /lovers in principle...but the possibility for:
1) Corruptly appointing someone to a role they lack the competence for
2) Conflicts of interest

arises.

Thus I propose all politicians should disclose if they hire friends /family /lovers ...and indeed if the status of their staff changes.

Also I present this hypothetical
1) A senior married politician appoints a young handsome junior aide
2) The aide accompanies him on all manner of travels abroad
3) Other people working with the politician say he is in the thrall of the young aide...and making bad decisions
4) Many people suspect the young aide is his lover

Should the politician disclose the facts publically ?

Should the media do it if he doesn't?

Cyp

Belgrade

Staff member
Donator
Political Irish
I cant see why not, as long as they are actually working and not gaining an extra salary with no work being carried out.

If a politician is going to be corrupt they will do it regardless of who they work with.

cyberianpan said:
An honest and hardworking politician will have a tough life

I have no objections to them appointing friends /family /lovers in principle...but the possibility for:
1) Corruptly appointing someone to a role they lack the competence for
2) Conflicts of interest

arises.

Thus I propose all politicians should disclose if they hire friends /family /lovers ...and indeed if the status of their staff changes.

Also I present this hypothetical
1) A senior married politician appoints a young handsome junior aide
2) The aide accompanies him on all manner of travels abroad
3) Other people working with the politician say he is in the thrall of the young aide...and making bad decisions
4) Many people suspect the young aide is his lover

Should the politician disclose the facts publically ?

Should the media do it if he doesn't?

Cyp
Senior politician regularly travels at home or abroad in the company of business interests.

S/he attends functions organised by those interests and receives perfeclty legitimate donations from afroesaid interests.

And perhaps some which are not.

Party policy is to support business interests as the generators of wealthfor the economy. Their manifesto is described as "business-friendly".

Some lefties say politician and politican's party is nothing more than a business front. and electing those politicians will result in ordinary people getting screwed.

However there is no implication that while in bed with business, politician is literally in bed with business.

So in the screwing stakes, it seems we must define our terms. Not a bad place to start whatever form of screwing one has in mind.

Surprised the Mods aren't all over this! Lack of knowledge of the Dublin rumour mill in London perhaps. Must be a change of shift.

D

There should at least be a no family clause. Even gangsters in prohibition era Chicago that used family had incompetent members that made dumb decisions (similar to Offaly maffia maybe). Friends are a different thing as you would have to prove the incesteous style friendship (asss licking yes person). They keep people of any sort close as they are vote guarantees but whether they are actually any good for the country or anything else is debatable.

Personally I believe that the party system is not a good idea and that a forum made up of people for what is good for the country might be a better option as we have had parties for a long time with no other option. Maybe time for a change.

Nepotism and Cronyism goes on as they claim they can trust no one to be hired meritocratically from the outside. The solution is quite simple, legislate extremely strong confidentiality, and formalise a hiring system that accepts candidates on merit, and carries strong consequences for breaching trust.

It's not rocket science, it's just laziness and the convenience of keeping the handy numbers around.

OP
OP
C
There is one politician I am concerned about, he has hired a lad, about 40+ years his junior to rodger him up the ass

I am concerned that we may have liability if the old perve's arse gives out

Cyp

cyberianpan said:
There is one politician I am concerned about, he has hired a lad, about 40+ years his junior to rodger him up the ass

I am concerned that we may have liability if the old perve's arse gives out

Cyp
Are you concerned because they may be having a fling, that the younger person is unsuitable for the role they were hired for or because odd decisions are being made by the politician? I'd hate to go down the US route of insisting politicians have perfect marriages with perfect kids etc etc and anything outside this norm is to be shunned. JFK would have a tough time there if he was president now due to his fondness of the ladies.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Anyone take seriously an Op reporting straight-faced some Dublin-media gossip ona  site which is supposedly ultra-concerned with defamation, being such a young and vulnerable chick and unable to pay its way in the big bad world of wolfish libel lawyers? 

@what_fuckery_is_this?  :)

Top Bottom